Office Manager at Accountability Counsel
Accountability Counsel is seeking a full-time Office Manager, to be based at our headquarters office in San Francisco, California. The Office Manager will be responsible for assisting Accountability Counsel’s Executive Director and staff with all aspects of the organization’s administration, including assistance related to fundraising, event planning, communications, finance, human resources, coordination with consultants and vendors. The position reports to Accountability Counsel’s Executive Director.
About Accountability Counsel
Accountability Counsel is a small, but growing, five-year old non-profit organization based in San Francisco. We are developing regional offices and work in many countries around the world to defend the environmental and human rights of marginalized communities. As lawyers for people harmed by internationally-financed projects, we focus on innovative ways to provide access to justice. We specialize in complaint offices established to receive community complaints. Our work pays particular attention to women, girls and other marginalized groups, who are often the most deeply harmed by abuses.
Among other duties as may be required, the Office Manager:
- attends to correspondence;
- maintains electronic filing systems;
- serves as primary contact with vendors and consultants;
- attends to finances and expenses;
- assists with production of events and speaking engagements;
- assists with fundraising and grant management;
- assists with production of materials, such as reports or brochures;
- assists with media and works with staff to update website and social media;
- assists with job and internship postings, recruitment, and hiring processes;
- ensures functioning of office equipment and software;
- assists staff with travel, meetings and other logistical arrangements;
- manages the reception area to ensure a clean, enjoyable, and professional work environment;
- assesses, establishes and documents best practices for office management.
Skills and Abilities Required
The Office Manager is required to have:
- a positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and collaborative nature;
- a strong understanding of office administration practices and procedures;
- attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills;
- effective communication, both verbally and in writing;
- demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, remain organized, and make decisions in a fast- paced, deadline sensitive environment;
- strong critical thinking and problem-solving skill;
- the ability to anticipate potential issues and offer proactive solutions;
- honest, direct and transparent communication regardless of the message;
- ability to seek and use input from peers when necessary before making decisions;
- commitment to professionalism and professional development;
- high level of concern for providing exceptional service;
- an understanding of the particularities of working in a non-profit, public interest environment;
- interest in and strong commitment to the mission of Accountability Counsel.
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements
Must have at least intermediate computer skills using Microsoft Office. Experience with Concur preferred. Experience with Apple’s Pages program a plus. Knowledge of WordPress a plus.
Education and Experience Required
Education: Bachelors degree required. Years of experience: 2 previous years of office management and/or administration experience at a high professional level preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Accountability Counsel offers competitive compensation and benefits packages commensurate with experience. We value each of our employees and seek to foster a happy and collaborative work environment.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter stating your qualifications to [email protected] with the subject line: OFFICE MANAGER.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with the position to be filled as soon as possible. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding next steps in the application process. We are a small team and while we will carefully review all applications, we apologize that we will not be able to personally respond to all applicants.
Job title: Office Manager
Location: San Francisco
Contract: Full time, permanent
Closing date: Open until filled