To develop the hub, we have relied on the following:
- We developed a questionnaire and conducted an outreach to companies working in the oil sector in Uganda asking for information on their human rights policies and practice. We surveyed 20 companies. Only Total and Halliburton responded to the survey.
- Publications on the developments in the oil sector in Uganda.
- Publicly available information about the companies’ policies that have a human rights dimension.
- Publicly available information on concerns about the companies’ conduct and the companies’ responses to those concerns as previously documented by the Business and Human Rights Resource Centre and other sources.
Important notes on Methodology:
- We have presented the information gathered as clearly and accesibly as possible. Where there are gaps in the information, this is due to the information not being publicly available.
- The terminology used to describe developments in Uganda's oil sector can sometimes be confusing. We have attempted to term the different developments as clearly, and distinctly as possible.
- Some of the companies involved in Uganda's oil industry are consortiums of several other firms. Currently specific contact information for these consortiums is not available. We therefore refer you to the contact information of the consortiums' member companies.