Headquarters in Singapore
Author: Laudes Martial Mbon, La Tribune Afrique (Maroc)
"Congo : pourquoi démocratiser l’accès aux ressources forestières de la Sangha", 6 avril 2020...
- Related companies: Olam
Author: United Nations Global Compact, the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) and the We Mean Business coalition
"At COP 25, corporate climate movement grows exponentially as new companies announce plans to align with a 1.5°C future", 11 December 2019...
- Related stories: Company commitments: Mitigation
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: AmBev (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anheuser-Busch InBev Carlsberg Breweries Chanel Décathlon Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ecolab Givaudan Henkel Iberia Lundbeck Multiplex Multiplex Construction Europe (part of Multiplex) Olam Red Eléctrica de España Siemens Gamesa Storebrand TenneT Tesco Univar
Côte d'Ivoire & Ghana set a fixed living income differential of $400 per tonne of cocoa to relieve farmer poverty
Author: Africa News
...Ivory Coast and Ghana have stepped up their efforts to reform the industry, imposing a fixed “living income differential” of $400 a tonne on all cocoa contracts sold by either country for the 2020/21 season...The premium...replaces an earlier...
Business model of agricultural traders in Switzerland raises human rights concerns, according to NGO report urging tougher rules
In June 2019, the Swiss NGO Public Eye published a report titled "Agricultural Commodity Traders in Switzerland: Benefitting from Misery?" looking at Switzerland’s role as a global hub of agricultural commodities. According to the report, the...
Olam has put sustainability at the heart of our business. Conducting business in an ethical, socially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner is intrinsic to our company Purpose of Reimagining Global Agriculture and Food Systems. We are...
- Related stories: Business model of agricultural traders in Switzerland raises human rights concerns, according to NGO report urging tougher rules
- This is a response from the following companies: Olam