ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in India
Author: Nem Davies, Mizzima News
The embassies of South Korea and corporate offices of Daewoo [International] located in eight countries will be the sites of protests against the controversial Shwe Gas Project in Burma on October 14...[The] Shwe Gas Project which has been criticised...
Author: Intl. Confederation of Free Trade Unions
Updated on Tuesday, November 08, 2005. This list is not exhaustive. We are ready to correct any factual errors which it may contain. As we receive information on further companies which are active in Burma we will approach them in the same way and,...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Other issues Southeast Asia
- Related companies: 3M Abercrombie & Kent Acer Aditya Birla Group Adventures Abroad Air Canada Air China Air France KLM Airbus Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Amer American Express Aptech Atwood Oceanics Austrian Airlines Bangkok Bank Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Ben Line Agencies Berli Jucker BJ Services Black Canyon Blue Mountain BlueScope Cambrian Caterpillar Cathay Pacific Celio Ceylon Express CHC Chengda Chevalier Chia Khim Lee China Airlines China Metallurgical (MCC) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Telecom Chiyoda CNA CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coles Group Cosco CP (Charoen Pokphand) Crédit Agricole Daewoo International (part of Posco) Datang Telecom Technology Davis Langdon DBS Bank Deutsche Bank DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diethelm Keller DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Dongfeng Motor Downer Edi Dr. Reddy's Laboratories East Asiatic Company Electricité et Eaux de Madagascar Eni Esri UK Essar Group First Cabin First Choice Holidays Fortinet Fritz Werner Company Fuji Heavy Industries GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) Garuda Indonesia General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Hagemeyer Hapag-Lloyd Group Hashimoto Trading Hazama Hitachi Hitchins Hutchison Whampoa Hyosung Hyundai Corporation (part of Hyundai Group) Hyundai Group IGB Corporation Berhad IHC Caland Indian Airlines Indian Oil Corporation Inetol Headwear Ingersoll-Rand International Hardwood Flooring International SOS Interra Systems Italthai (Italian-Thai Development Public Company) Itochu Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Japan Airlines Jardine Matheson Jet Gold JFE JGC Kajima Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Korea United Pharm Kunming Light Industry Machinery Leeward Capital Leica Geosystems Leo Burnett (part of Publicis) Lexmark LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) LightPointe Lloyd's of London Lonely Planet Louis Dreyfus LSG Sky Chefs Lufthansa Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Majuko Malaysia Airlines Marubeni Michelin Midas Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Mitsui O.S.K. Lines (MOL) Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) MMC Natixis Nera Nestlé NHPC (National Hydroelectric Power Corporation - India) Nikki Shoji (part of JGC) Nippon Koei Nippon Oil Nishimatsu Construction Nissei NORINCO (China North Industries) Numaligarh Refinery (NRL) Oil India Okaya Omega Watches (part of Swatch) ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) OOCL (part of Orient Overseas (International) Limited) Orient Express Otis (part of United Technologies) Pansea Hotels & Resorts Pertamina Petronas Polyphon Film PTT Qantas Airways Qatar Airways R.Crusoe & Son Ranbaxy Laboratories Rheinmetall Robbins Timber Rolls-Royce plc Samgong Samsung Sanyo (part of Panasonic) Satho Hazir Giyim Schenker Schindler Schlumberger Schneider Electric Scomi Sea Containers Senao Shangri-La Hotel Shin SHM Smith Hodgkinson Siemens Singapore Petroleum Sinohydro Sinopec Snamprogetti (part of Eni) Sojitz Solvay Sompo Japan Spilan Square Pharmaceuticals (part of Square Group) SriLankan Airlines State Bank of India Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Wah Suzuki Swatch Swift (co-operative) Telekom Malaysia Texchem Thai Airways International Thomas Cook Tiffany Tipco Asphalt Total Transocean UBS UMW United Technologies Unocal (part of Chevron) Verisign Waagner-Biro Willis Zhejiang Orient Holding ZTE
Speech by Irene Khan, Secretary-General, Amnesty International at the Global Compact Summit: Shanghai, People’s Republic of China
Author: Irene Khan, Secretary-General, Amnesty International
...ignoring human rights is a risk that companies can no longer afford to take, no matter where they come from or where they operate...[refers to ABB, Novartis, Statoil, as 3 companies road-testing UN Norms on business & human rights. Also refers...
- Related companies: ABB China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Dow Chemical Equinor (formerly Statoil) Nike Novartis ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Petronas Sinopec Talisman (part of Repsol) Union Carbide (part of Dow) Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Carbon Disclosure Project, ASrIA, Trucost
In 2006, CDP [Carbon Disclosure Project] extended [its] information request to over 2000 companies in total, which included 125 from Asia excluding Japan... Overall, only 26% of the companies responded to the information request...The mixed response...
- Related stories: Carbon Disclosure Project, in which investors request corporate disclosure on carbon risk & management: ASrIA analyses findings for Asian companies
- Related companies: Aboitiz AXA Banpu Cheung Kong China Life Insurance China Mobile China Netcom China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) China Steel China Telecom China Unicom Chunghwa Telecom CITIC Pacific CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Dongfang Electric Electricity Generating Public Company Esprit General Electric Guangdong Electric Power Development (part of Guangdong Yudean Group) Guangzhou Development Industry Holdings Hang Seng Bank Henderson Land Hindustan Unilever Hon Hai Hong Kong Electric Huaneng Power International Hutchison Whampoa Hyundai Kia Motor Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) ICICI Indian Oil Corporation Infosys ITC Jardine Matheson Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Kookmin Bank Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) MTR NTPC ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Posco PTT Reliance Industries S-Oil Samsung Siam Cement Singapore Airlines Singapore Telecommunications Sinopec State Bank of India Sun Hung Kai Properties Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Telekom Malaysia Tenaga Nasional Wharf Holdings Wipro Woori Financial Group
Author: Michael Schuman, TIME Asia
By doing business with Burma, Asian countries help its brutal military regime stay in power—while the Burmese people remain trapped in a time warp of poverty, oppression and economic misrule... China exports household appliances, chemicals and...
- Related stories: Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar)
- Related companies: Chevron CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Daewoo International (part of Posco) GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Petronas Shin Total Triumph International Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Association of Sustainable and Responsible Investment in Asia (ASrIA)
The Taking Stock report focuses on identifying the key investment themes which investors should be evaluating in order to analyze environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues relevant to the largest and highest impact sectors in Asia...banks,...
- Related stories: Association of Sustainable and Responsible Investment in Asia (ASrIA) & IFC report highlights key themes by sector for analysis of Asian companies' environmental, social & governance performance
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas APRIL (Asia Pacific Resources International Limited) Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) B&Q (part of Kingfisher) Bank Negara Indonesia Banpu BHP Billiton BYD Celestica Cemex China Exim China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) China Steel Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Debenhams Dell Flextronics Ford GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) Gap Gold Peak Grameen Bank H&M Henan Rebecca Hitachi Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Huawei Technologies IBM IKEA ING Intel Jabil Circuit Jaya Tiasa JPMorgan Chase Kingfisher Kookmin Bank Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Limited Brands Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Luen Thai NEC New Look Newmont Goldcorp Nike ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Patagonia Pentland Group PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Polo Ralph Lauren Posco PTT Rabobank Reebok (part of adidas) Rimbunan Hijau Royal Philips Electronics Sainsbury's Sanmina-SCI Sharp Shenhua Group Siam Cement Sinar Mas Group Sinopec Solectron Sony Stora Enso Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) UPM Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Yanzhou Coal Yue Yuen
Author: EarthRights International
The Shwe Gas Project...will be Burma's largest gas development project ever in terms of gas reserves, potential revenue, and the number of people that could be adversely affected...[The] project is unfolding with no local participation and no...
Author: Diverse: Issues in Higher Education [USA]
Yale University is selling off its oil stocks linked to the African nation of Sudan because the country has been accused of genocide...Yale President Richard Levin...said the university had stock in one of seven oil companies that it determined were...