Ontario Power Generation (OPG)
Headquarters in Canada
Company Response Platform | Briefing | Press Release Also see case studies & our previous outreach
Author: W. Day, S. Gandhi & J. Giersing, United Nations Development Programme
Inspired by the 2002 Global Compact Policy Dialogue on “Business and Sustainable Development”, UNDP developed the GSB [Growing Sustainable Business Initiative] to facilitate business-led enterprise solutions to poverty in advancement of the Millennium...
- Related companies: American Electric Power Dometic EDF Enel Ericsson Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Hydro-Québec Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Ontario Power Generation (OPG) RAO-UES RWE Scottish Power Société Générale Tetra Laval Tetra Pak (part of Tetra Laval) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Total Unilever
Author: Wina Graus, Monique Voogt & Jan Willem Langeraar, World Wildlife Fund
WWF has launched its global Power Switch! public campaign aiming to persuade the power sector to become carbon neutral...The overall goal is to stimulate the use of renewable energy sources (RES) and gas-CHP [Natural Gas-fired Combined Heat and Power]...
- Related stories: New World Wildlife Fund report reveals global failure of power sector to combat climate change
- Related companies: AES Allegheny Energy Alliant Energy Ameren American Electric Power British Energy CenterPoint Energy Chubu Electric Power Chugoku Electric Power Cinergy (now Duke Energy) CMS Energy Constellation Energy Dominion Resources DPL DTE Energy Duke Energy E.ON EDF Edison International EDP (Energias de Portugal) Electrabel Electric Power Development Company Elkraft System Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Entergy Exelon FirstEnergy Fortum FPL Group Hydro-Québec Iberdrola International Power Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Ontario Power Generation (OPG) PG&E PPL Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Public Service Enterprise Group RAO-UES RWE Scottish Power Shikoku Electric Power Southern Company Statkraft Tohoku Electric Power Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) TXU Unión Fenosa (now Gas Natural) Vattenfall Xcel Energy
Author: Frans van der Woerd, David Levy & Katie Begg (eds.), Greener Management International: The Journal of Corporate Environmental Strategy and Practice (no. 39)
includes chapters on: "An Overview of Corporate Strategies" [refers to BP, Lafarge, General Motors, DuPont, Boeing, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Intel, Shell, United Technologies, Whirlpool, Deutsche Telekom, Gerling Group, Munich Re, Ford, Coca-Cola, Alcan,...
- Related companies: AIG Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) American Electric Power Bank of America Baxter International Boeing BP Chase (part of JPMorgan Chase) Chevron Chugoku Electric Power Coca-Cola Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom DuPont Electrabel Elf Aquitaine (now part of Total) Entergy Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Ford Fortum Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) General Motors Gerling Group IBM ING Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) MeadWestvaco Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Motorola Munich Re Nike Norsk Hydro Ontario Power Generation (OPG) Pechiney (part of Rio Tinto) Rabobank RWE Shell Shikoku Electric Power ST Microelectronics Stora Enso Suncor Swiss Re Temple-Inland Tohoku Electric Power Total TransAlta UBS United Technologies Whirlpool
Ontario Power Generation, the province's biggest electricity producer, said yesterday it will spend C$250 million ($156 million) to reduce smog by up to 80 percent at two of its coal-fired generating stations.
- Related companies: Ontario Power Generation (OPG)