Operations Associate, MACN
- Location: Copenhagen
- Contract Type: Full-time
- Rolling application
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.orgfor more information about BSR’s more than 20 years of leadership in sustainability.
We are proud to have a team of some of the industry’s most talented and motivated people working on sustainability in our global offices in Copenhagen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
BSR’s Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN) is a global business network working towards the vision of a maritime industry free of corruption that enables fair trade to the benefit of society at large. BSR is the secretariat of MACN. MACN and its members promote good corporate practice in the maritime industry for tackling bribes, facilitation payments, and other forms of corruption. MACN collaborates with key stakeholders, including governments and international organizations, such as the United Nations Development Programme, to identify and mitigate the root causes of corruption in the maritime industry. To meet this objective, MACN implements collective action projects in developing countries that address both the supply and demand side of bribes and facilitation payments.
The Operations Associate will work as an integral part of the global MACN program team and reports to the MACN Program Director (based in Europe). The Associate will engage with staff, project partners, and funders worldwide to administer MACN membership and provide organizational, administrative, event planning, and logistics support.
- Provide ongoing administrative and membership support to the MACN project managers, including via direct communications to members, administration and tracking of the prospective member pipeline, updating of contacts in Salesforce, and updating other operating software.
- Support the MACN project teams in preparation for, execution of, and follow up on in-person member meetings throughout the year, including pre-meeting communications with members, preparation of pre-read materials, meeting agendas, and meeting presentations, in-meeting note taking, and follow-up activities.
- Support the MACN project teams in the logistics and planning of in-person member meetings throughout the year, including finding appropriate venues, hotels, and restaurants and working with members, vendors, and contractors as required.
- Administer budget spend and other key performance indicator reporting requirements for MACN funders and senior management, including compilation of relevant reports for collective action program performance reviews against expected outcomes and impacts.
- Support and coordinate processes for review and analysis of funding solicitations, proposals, and award documentation. Coordinate development of pre-proposal, proposal, and award checklists.
- Develop budget templates and tools for accurate budgeting and reporting on the various types of grants and coordinate quarterly program performance reviews against budget and expected outcomes and impacts.
- Dependent on need, support MACN project team on occasional research and project work, within clearly defined parameters.
- Perform occasional analysis and presentation of results on MACN member engagement, recruitment, and other performance indicators for internal review.
- Coordinate with the MACN Communications Associate to regularly review and suggest updates for MACN content on the BSR website as needed (homepage, events, articles, reports, etc.)
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators, including budget expenses, on MACN-related operations work.
- 3 or more years of administration, operations, and events planning experience with a company, nonprofit, or global organization
- A minimum of a bachelor degree
- Experience administering multi-company or multistakeholder initiatives a plus.
- Experience administering large grants, particularly under the terms of UK grant funding reporting requirements
- Experience working with key operational tools such as Salesforce
- Experience supporting the design, development, and delivery of internal training programs a plus
- Experience collecting and interpreting performance data and making recommendations based on findings
- Knowledge and experience related to business processes such as staffing, contracts management, performance management, change management, etc.
- Facilitation and people skills, including a demonstrated ability to work with other team members to achieve an objective
- Knowledge of and experience working on issues related to sustainability and/or corporate social responsibility preferred
- Excellent English-language written and verbal communication and editing skills
- Strong or fluent skills in second language an advantage
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment
- High ethical standards and commitment to BSR core values of leadership, respect, and integrity
BSR is committed to developing an inclusive work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture, and skill is valued in support of individual performance and potential, as well as our business goals and mission.