Headquarters in Australia
FTSE4Good leaves coal and oil firms and G4S on ethical investment list despite environmental and labour rights concerns; incl. comments
Author: Jasper Jolly, The Guardian
Note: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre previously asked G4S for a response to allegations of labour abuse in Qatar and UAE, available here....
Australia: Shareholder resolutions on human rights at upcoming AGMs of Woolworths, Qantas and Origin
Shareholder resolutions addressing human rights issues have been lodged for consideration at several upcoming annual general meetings (AGMs): Origin on fracking projects on indigenous land; Qantas on transportation of asylum seekers; and Woolworths on...
Author: Joanna Mather, Financial Review
14 October 2018...
- Related stories: Australia: Shareholder resolutions on human rights at upcoming AGMs of Woolworths, Qantas and Origin
- Related companies: Origin Energy Qantas Airways Woolworths Group
"Gender equality global report and ranking," 4 October 2018...
- Related companies: 3i Aegon Agilent Technologies Air Canada Allstate American Express American Water ANZ Bank Assa Abloy AstraZeneca Aviva AXA Axel Springer Bank Hapoalim Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bankinter Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP Billiton bioMérieux BNP Paribas Boliden Burberry CA Technologies CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Caltex Campbell Soup Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citigroup CNP Assurances Comcast Commonwealth Bank Continental AG DBS Bank Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Ebro Eli Lilly Enagás Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Ericsson Fabege Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Genmab Givaudan GlaxoSmithKline Handelsbanken Henkel Hershey Iberdrola IBM ICA Gruppen Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Investa Property Group Investec Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering KPN L'Oreal Land Securities Leumi Li & Fung Lloyds Group Macquarie Bank Marks & Spencer MasterCard Merck Mercury Michelin Microsoft Millicom Molson Coors National Australia Bank National Grid NCC Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro Oil Search Orange Origin Energy Pearson Peugeot (see PSA Peugeot-Citroën) PNC Financial Services Publicis Qantas Airways QBE Insurance Red Eléctrica de España Rentokil Initial ResMed Roche Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal DSM Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Royal Mail Salesforce.com Sanofi Schibsted Schneider Electric SEB Sempra Energy Severn Trent Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Sodexo South32 Standard Chartered State Street Stockland Stora Enso Suncorp Swedbank TD Bank (see Toronto-Dominion Bank) Telenor Téléperformance Telia Telstra Transurban UBS Unilever Verizon Virgin Money (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone Westpac Whitbread Woolworths Group WPP Zurich
Australia: Growing support amongst large institutional investors for shareholder & NGO campaigns on climate & human rights
Author: Ruth Williams, The Sydney Morning Herald
"Big investors backed shareholder campaigns on climate, human rights", 23 February 2018...
- Related companies: ABP AMP Group Aviva BHP Billiton BlackRock Colonial First State Commonwealth Bank Deutsche Bank Elliott Management ExxonMobil HSBC Macquarie Bank MLC (part of National Australia Bank) Morgan Stanley Nordea Bank Occidental Petroleum Oil Search Origin Energy QBE Insurance Rio Tinto Santos Schroders State Street Vanguard Wells Fargo Westpac Woolworths Group Australia
Storebrand drops 10 coal companies from pension fund in line with self-imposed climate change guidelines
"Storebrand says drops 10 coal firms from pension fund", 16 Nov 2017...
- Related stories: Global insurance cos & pension funds announce coal divestments amid urgent calls to address climate change
- Related companies: EDP (Energias de Portugal) Eskom Genting Group Kyushu Electric Origin Energy PGE Polska Grupa Energetyczna Power Assets Holdings RWE Storebrand Tenaga Nasional Uniper
Australia: Shareholder resolutions call for listed companies to act on social and environmental issues
Author: Ruth Williams, Sydney Morning Herald
"How the new generation of activists corners boards", 14 October 2017...