Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Denmark
Company Response Platform | Briefing | Press Release Also see case studies & our previous outreach
Author: Damian Carrington, Guardian Sustainable Business (UK)
Norway’s parliament has formally endorsed the move to sell off coal investments from its $900bn sovereign wealth fund, the world’s biggest.It is the largest fossil fuel divestment yet, affecting 122 companies across the world, and marking a new...
Author: GLOBAL CSR for the Danish Business Authority
This report provides an analysis of five Danish frontrunner companies’ Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) approaches and activities. A.P. Moeller Maersk, Carlsberg, DONG Energy, ISS World Services and Novo Nordisk have shared their manifold CSR...
- Related in-depth areas: Europe & Central Asia Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Carlsberg Breweries Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Coca-Cola DONG Energy Gap General Electric Hitachi ISS Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group)
[PDF] Use of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) in Sustainability Reporting by European Electricity Companies
Author: Tim Steinweg & Joseph Wilde-Ramsing, SOMO
This is the first known study that takes a detailed look at the use of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Framework...We were not prepared for the overwhelming number of discrepancies in company reporting and the GRI Application Level they use.....
Author: DONG Energy
A minor detail we would like to correct is that the SOMO report states that our Code of Conduct is not public. This is not the case. The [Code] can be retrieved from our website...DONG Energy is committed to continuously improve the conditions at the...
Despite earlier promises, electricity companies continue to withhold important information about the origin of the coal they use. As a result, it is likely that coal imported into the Netherlands comes from mines where abuses of human rights and the...
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In May 2010 DanWatch issued a report on the alleged negative social & environmental impacts of the Cerrejon coal mine in northern Colombia, which supplies coal to DONG Energy and Vattenfall: The Curse of Coal...DONG Energy provided a response to...
- Related stories: Colombia: Report alleges Cerrejón coal mine causes diseases, pollution, and poverty - responses by Cerrejón Coal, CMC, DONG Energy, Vattenfall
- Related in-depth areas: DanWatch report on social & environmental impacts of Cerrejón coal mine in Colombia
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) DONG Energy Vattenfall Xstrata (part of Glencore)