Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In November 2007, War on Want released a report, "Fanning the Flames: The role of British mining companies in conflict and the violation of human rights". The Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited the companies referred to in the report...
- Related stories: War on Want report alleges UK mining companies involved in human rights abuses overseas
- Related in-depth areas: Complicity Killings - an introduction NGO Supply chain War on Want report & responses
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) Oxus Gold Rio Tinto Vedanta Resources Xstrata (part of Glencore)
[PDF] full report: "Fanning the Flames: The role of British mining companies in conflict and the violation of human rights"
Author: Mark Curtis, War on Want
This report forms part of War on Want’s campaign to confront those companies which exacerbate or profit from war…The following pages examine the role of the mining industry in exacerbating conflict and human rights abuse across the world…War on Want...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti Asia Energy (part of GCM Resources) BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) GCM Resources Monterrico Metals (part of Zijin) Oxus Gold Rio Tinto Vedanta Resources Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Heather Tomlinson, Independent [UK]
British American Tobacco is to face pressure to pull out of its investment in Uzbekistan, the former Soviet state strongly criticised for its human rights record...In Uzbekistan BAT has a joint venture with the regime of President Karimov, which has...
Author: CEE Bankwatch Network
This study points out the weaknesses of the environmental management system and the vague monitoring of the company's performance. [refers to pollution and other issues; refers to Kumtor Operating Company, Comeco Corporation of Canada (including...
- Related companies: Oxus Gold