Headquarters in Japan
The Panasonic brand is owned by Panasonic Corp., which was known as Matsushita Electric Industrial until October 2008.
Author: Ella Skybenko, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre, in KyivPost (Ukraine)
The 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi start today...The multi-billion investment in prestige projects contrasts violently with the neglect of the human rights of workers who built them, the local people who have lost their homes and health, and...
- Related stories: Commentary: “Are companies involved with 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi wilfully ignoring human rights?”
- Related in-depth areas: Russia: Human rights abuses related to 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi Россия: Нарушения прав человека, связанные с Зимними Олимпийскими играми 2014 в Сочи
- Related companies: AT&T Atos (formerly Atos Origin) Coca-Cola Dow Chemical General Electric McDonald's Omega Watches (part of Swatch) Panasonic Procter & Gamble Samsung
"Multinationals reaffirm commitment to BoP business with BCtA", 24 Sep 2014...
English translation approved by Panasonic. The original Japanese response can be downloaded below....
- Related companies: Panasonic
Author: US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
Companies are mobilizing their expertise, capabilities, and resources to assist with the recovery efforts following the earthquake in Nepal. Businesses have pledged $26.8 million in cash and additional in kind contributions in support of relief and...
- Related stories: Nepal: Companies respond to earthquake, aid rescue mission & rehabilitation efforts
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories American Express Amgen Apple Aramark AT&T AXA Bank of Montreal BASF Bharti Airtel BJ Services Bristol-Myers Squibb Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Clorox Coca-Cola Columbia Sportswear Deutsche Telekom DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo DSM eBay Facebook Fast Retailing FedEx Ford Gap General Motors Google H&M Henry Schein Honda Hudson's Bay IKEA Inditex ITC JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kingfisher Kohl's Marsh & McLennan Metlife Microsoft Mitsubishi Group National Bank of Canada New York Life Panasonic PepsiCo Procter & Gamble Qualcomm Royal Bank of Canada SAP Sealed Air Sears Shaw Communications Square Group Starbucks Sun Life Financial T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Tata Group Time Warner Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Uber UPS Verizon Visa Group Vodafone Walmart Walt Disney Yahoo!
Author: Inter Press Service
"UN taps private sector to fund development, advocate social causes", 6 Aug 2015...
Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) ranks 100 brands on environmental supply chain performance in China
On October 22, 2015, the Corporate Information Transparency Index (CITI) released its ranking of 100 brands on their environmental supply chain performance in China.
The Japanese company Panasonic has announced that it will recognize same-sex partnerships as marriages for the purposes of company benefits. [English summary of Japanese article, produced by the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre]
Author: Dr. Ariel Meyerstein, United States Council for International Business, in ethiXbase
“Whitepaper: Responsible Business Conduct: Understanding Human Rights Due Diligence”, July 2016...