Headquarters in USA
USA: Company executives speak out against racism following the killings of George Floyd & Breonna Taylor by police
On 25 May 2020, white Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin pinned George Floyd to the ground, keeping his knee on Mr. Floyd’s neck for eight minutes and 46 seconds, ultimately killing him. Three additional officers were involved. All four officers...
Author: Freedom for All Americans
"Business Statement on Anti-LGBTQ State Legislation", 11 March 2020...
- Related stories: USA: Google, Apple, Amazon & 40 other companies sign open letter opposing anti-LGBTQ legislation
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: AAA International Airbnb Alphabet Amalgamated Bank Amazon.com American Airlines (AMR) American Eagle Outfitters Apple Asana AT&T Bayer Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Boehringer Ingelheim Capital One Corning Danone Dow Dropbox Eastern Bank Google (part of Alphabet) Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA Instacart Levi Strauss Lush Lyft Marriott Mars MassMutual Microsoft Mobilize Nestlé Nike PayPal Salesforce.com SunLife Technet Trillium Corporation Uber Unilever
Google, Apple, Amazon and dozens of other companies have signed letters opposing anti-LGBTQ state-level bills across the United States....
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
USA: Investigation finds credit cards crucial to financing mass shootings; banks say not their responsibility to track gun purchases
Author: Andrew Ross Sorkin, The New York Times
USA: Investigation finds credit cards crucial to financing mass shootings; banks say not their responsibility to track gun purchases...
USA: Social media site Gab accused of facilitating white supremacist violence after user suspected of killing 11 people in Pittsburgh synagogue
On 27 October 2018, Robert Bowers entered Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and killed 11 people and wounded 6 others. The attack is believed to be the deadliest on the Jewish community in US history, according to the Anti-Defamation...
CEOs & corporations expected to increasingly quickly figure out where they stand on issues of the day
Author: Aaron K. Chatterji, New York Times (USA)
"Our Newest Culture Warriors: Activist C.E.O.s," 2 Mar 2018...
Author: Kathrin Werner, Süddeutsche Zeitung
"Firmenchefs sind die neuen Wächter der Werte", 27 Februar 2018...
- Related stories: USA: Firmen distanzieren sich von der Waffenlobby nach Schießerei an Schule in Florida, bei der 17 Menschen starben
- Related in-depth areas: Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: Apple BlackRock Delta Air Lines eBay Hertz PayPal United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Continental