[PDF] Investing in Human Capital: Compliance with International Labor Standards
Author: John D. Gerhart Center for Philanthropy and Civic Engagement, The American University in Cairo, Published on: 1 May 2011
The program aims at providing a holistic look at labor standards and issues facing the labor market in Egypt in specific and in the Middle East at large.
- Enhanced corporate sustainability strategy to include scalable and measurable social performance.
- Understanding the ILO and commitment to ratified Conventions.
- Creating and implementing effective social management systems.
- Acquiring knowledge of the management system approach to CSR.
- Improving internal and external communication.
- Developing policies and procedures.
- Defining scope and risk.
- Social system auditor training.
- Regional initiatives of to enforce Labor Standards
[event sponsored by Aramex, Abraaj Capital, Al Mansour, Cemex, P&G]