Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Virgin CEO & 20 other executives sign onto initiative in support of LBGT+ rights; urge other businesses to follow suit
Author: Hugo Greenhalgh, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Billionaire Branson urges business to back LGBT+ rights", 2 May 2019...
"Gender equality global report and ranking," 4 October 2018...
- Related companies: 3i Aegon Agilent Technologies Air Canada Allstate American Express American Water ANZ Bank Assa Abloy AstraZeneca Aviva AXA Axel Springer Bank Hapoalim Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bankinter Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP Billiton bioMérieux BNP Paribas Boliden Burberry CA Technologies CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Caltex Campbell Soup Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citigroup CNP Assurances Comcast Commonwealth Bank Continental AG DBS Bank Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Ebro Eli Lilly Enagás Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Ericsson Fabege Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Genmab Givaudan GlaxoSmithKline Handelsbanken Henkel Hershey Iberdrola IBM ICA Gruppen Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Investa Property Group Investec Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering KPN L'Oreal Land Securities Leumi Li & Fung Lloyds Group Macquarie Bank Marks & Spencer MasterCard Merck Mercury Michelin Microsoft Millicom Molson Coors National Australia Bank National Grid NCC Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro Oil Search Orange Origin Energy Pearson Peugeot (see PSA Peugeot-Citroën) PNC Financial Services Publicis Qantas Airways QBE Insurance Red Eléctrica de España Rentokil Initial ResMed Roche Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal DSM Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Royal Mail Salesforce.com Sanofi Schibsted Schneider Electric SEB Sempra Energy Severn Trent Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Sodexo South32 (part of BHP Billiton) Standard Chartered State Street Stockland Stora Enso Suncorp Swedbank TD Bank (see Toronto-Dominion Bank) Telenor Téléperformance Telia Telstra Transurban UBS Unilever Verizon Virgin Money (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone Westpac Whitbread Woolworths Group WPP Zurich
Global businesses can achieve social impact, better reputation & increase brand loyalty by including refugees, says report
Author: Cindy Huang et al., Center for Global Development (CGD)
"Global Business and Refugee Crises: A Framework for Sustainable Engagement," September 2017...
Author: John Fallon, CEO of Pearson, in Fortune (USA)
...While government leaders work towards a political solution, business leaders have a valuable role to play not only through charitable activities, but through real investments. Last September, I visited the Za’atari refugee camp in the north of...
- Related stories: Access to work in Jordan & Lebanon for Syrian refugees, migrant workers & host populations
- Related companies: Chobani LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Microsoft Pearson
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
UNICEF & UN Global Compact release guidance on how businesses can help uphold children's rights in humanitarian crises
Author: UNICEF & UN Global Compact
"Guidance on Children in Humanitarian Crises: What Business Can Do," 19 Nov 2016...
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores show improvement of measures taken by companies for LGBT workers
Columnist discusses approaches to socially responsible investment in conflict zones such as South Sudan
Author: Oliver Balch, The Guardian (UK)
"What can a South Sudan brewery teach us about business in conflict zones?"...
- Related in-depth areas: Business’ human rights responsibilities in conflict zones: Standards, tools and perspectives
- Related companies: Pearson SABMiller Unilever
Author: Corinne Gretler & Simon Clark, Bloomberg
The FTSE 100 Index’s most exclusive club just got smaller. The departures of Anglo American...Chief Executive Officer Cynthia Carroll and Pearson...CEO Marjorie Scardino leave Burberry Group...’s Angela Ahrendts and Alison Cooper of Imperial Tobacco...