Petro-Canada (part of Suncor)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Canada
Petro-Canada was acquired by Suncor in August 2009.
Author: Globe and Mail
Results of Globe & Mail / Jantzi Research survey of oil & gas sector. Compares social & environmental performance of the following companies, listed from highest score to lowest: Petro-Canada, Suncor Energy, Nexen, Shell Canada, Syncrude,...
Author: Véronique Smée, Novethic
Une coalition d'ONG françaises s'est crée cette année pour poursuivre un but précis : obtenir le retrait de Total [de Birmanie]. Ce collectif a par ailleurs publié en juillet dernier un rapport accablant sur la présence du groupe pétrolier dans ce pays...
- Related stories: Birmanie - La campagne contre Total se continue Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar)
- Related companies: Accor Apple Carrefour Chevron Eastman Kodak Heineken HP (Hewlett-Packard) Levi Strauss Marriott Motorola PepsiCo Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Reebok (part of adidas) Royal Philips Electronics Texaco (part of Chevron) Total Triumph International Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
International human rights law is changing faster than companies can keep up. In order to stay ahead of the curve, companies should have comprehensive human rights policies implemented, recommends a recent report on Canadian energy and mining...
- Related stories: Report says most Canadian extractive companies need to do more to keep up with intl. human rights law (4 companies said to be ahead of others are Talisman, Nexen, Enbridge, Alcan) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan)
- Related companies: Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Enbridge Nexen Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Talisman
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
Failure to meet the human rights criteria [of the FTSE4Good Index Series] prompted the ejection of Petro-Canada and Time Warner, while non-compliance with environmental criteria led to the ousting of 17 companies, including Benetton and Mothercare......
[PDF] full report: "FTSE4Good Index series - Criteria development and company engagement programme 2003-2004"
[refers to cos. that met new FTSE4Good human rights criteria for resource cos./committed to meet them: BHP Biliton, Shell, BP, BG, Lonmin, Mitsubishi Corp., Norsk Hydro, Statoil, Cosmo Oil, Expro Group, PetroCanada, Repsol. And cos. deleted from index...
- Related stories: Report shows 62 cos. removed from FTSE4Good Index for not meeting human rights, environmental criteria
- Related companies: Allied Irish Banks Alumina AMB Generali Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Applera Banco BPI Banco Comercial Portugues BG Group BHP Billiton BP Cairn Energy Carlsberg Breweries Carphone Warehouse Central Japan Railway Chiba Bank Commerzbank ConocoPhillips Danske Bank Delphi Denso Diamond Offshore Drilling Elan Erste Bank der Oesterreichischen Sparkassen Fairfax Financial Holdings Fineco Finning Foster's Four Seasons Hotels Goldman Sachs Goldshield Goodrich Gunma Bank Hafslund Hess Corporation Hutchison Whampoa Interbrew (now InBev, part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Lehman Brothers Lonmin Macquarie Bank Malcom Manulife Financial Marschollek, Lautenschläger und Partner Mediobanca Mitsubishi Group Molson (part of Molson Coors) National Bank of Canada Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Omron Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Rank Royal Blue Sarantis Shell Spirent Statoil Suncorp SunTrust Banks Sygen Tenet Healthcare Terex Terumo Wing Tai Holdings
Oil and gas industry face record number of global warming shareholder resolutions at wider range of firms
One or more resolutions have been filed at each of the following North American oil and gas companies: ExxonMobil; ChevronTexaco; Marathon; Anadarko; Apache; Devon; Imperial; Petro Canada; Unocal; and Valero. Shareholders are also in dialogue with...
Wake up to social, environmental impact - Real Assets uses investor clout to force companies to behave more responsibly
Author: Donna Nebenzahl, Montreal Gazette
...thanks to a change two years ago in the Canadian Business Corporations Act, shareholders may now file resolutions with social or environmental impact [refers to Enbridge, Procter & Gamble, Open Text, Astra, Petro-Canada, Bank of Montreal, Nexum...
Author: U.N. Global Compact
Reflecting a growing trend within the Global Compact initiative, Tweezerman, a leading manufacturer of personal-care products, announced that it plans to implement a new supplier agreement that mandates adherence to the nine principles of the Global...