Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in USA
Pharmaceutical companies working on Ebola vaccine “driven by humanitarian need” rather than profit, says journalist
Author: Economist (UK)
"Giving it a shot", 1st Nov 2014...
Nigeria: Ruling on lawsuit against Pfizer over damages caused by alleged illegal drug testing scheduled for October
Author: Joe Nwankwo, Daily Independent (Nigeria)
"Nigeria: Court Fixes October 27 for Ruling On Pfizer's Trovan Case", 14 Oct 2014...
Author: Nita Bhalla, Reuters
Prime Minister Narendra Modi must not give in to U.S. pressure to change intellectual property laws which allow India to produce generic medicines poor people can afford, the medical charity Doctors Without Borders (MSF) said…MSF said U.S. officials...
- Related stories: India: Health activists fear decreased access to medicines for the poor - as govt reviews intellectual property laws
- Related companies: Novartis Pfizer Roche Sanofi
Walgreen Co resolves not to transfer headquarters overseas after critics said it would allow company to avoid US tax
Author: Bryce Covert, Think Progress (USA)
"Largest American Drugstore Chain Decides Not To Dodge Taxes By Moving Headquarters Overseas" - 6 August 2014 ...
Author: Danjuma Abdullahi, Press TV (Iran)
The hearing is underway in the case against Pfizer pharmaceuticals which was refiled by members of the Trovan Victims Forum. The families claim the American pharmaceutical corporation has not compensated them as it agreed to, following an out of court...
Allegations of pharmaceutical group's planned opposition to So. Africa reforms to increase access to medicines - company responses/non-responses
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In January 2014, the Innovative Pharmaceutical Association of South Africa (IPASA) was accused of planning and funding an advocacy campaign on behalf of its member companies. The campaign allegedly sought to oppose South Africa’s efforts to introduce...
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Allergan Amgen AstraZeneca Baxter International Bayer Boehringer Ingelheim Bristol-Myers Squibb Eli Lilly Galderma Johnson & Johnson Merck Merck Sharp & Dohme (part of Merck) Novartis Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Pfizer Roche Sanofi Servier Takeda Pharmaceutical
Response by Pfizer: Allegations of pharmaceutical group's planned opposition to So. Africa reforms to increase access to medicines
- Related stories: Allegations of pharmaceutical group's planned opposition to So. Africa reforms to increase access to medicines
- This is a response from the following companies: Pfizer
Author: Adelanwa Bamgboye & John Chuks Azu, Daily Trust (Nigeria)
One hundred and eighty six victims of the 1996 Pfizer Trovan clinical trial...have filed fresh suit...challenging alleged breach of terms of settlement over the damages suffered in the drugs tests...In the motion...[the claimants] are demanding a total...
- Related stories: Nigeria: 186 victims of Pfizer’s drug trials that allegedly led to deaths of children bring new lawsuit & argue criteria for compensation breach settlement agreement Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Pfizer
Author: Ross Kendall, Ethical Investor (USA)
American companies including Chevron, Exxon Mobil and Pfizer have been asked to review their lobbying activities related to energy and climate change policy, as part of a new campaign [led] by Walden Asset Management...American Electric Power, ...
Author: Mary Mazzoni, TriplePundit
Climate Counts and the Center for Sustainable Organizations just released what they call the “world’s first” science-based company rankings,...[assessing] the emissions performance of 100 companies from 2005 to 2012 within the context of climate...
- Related stories: Study finds over half of global companies surveyed are emitting "unsustainable" levels of carbon
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Amazon.com Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anheuser-Busch InBev AstraZeneca Avon Bank of America BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BP Bristol-Myers Squibb BT Canon Cemex Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive ConAgra Danone Dell Deutsche Bank Deutsche Telekom Diageo Dow Chemical Electrolux Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Ericsson ExxonMobil Ford Fujifilm Holdings Corporation (formerly Fuji Photo Film) Gap General Electric General Mills General Motors H&M Halliburton Hasbro Heineken Herman Miller Hess Corporation Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hyundai Group IBM Intel International Paper Johnson & Johnson Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) L'Oreal Lexmark Limited Brands Marks & Spencer Marriott Merck Microsoft Molson Coors Nestlé News Corporation Nippon Steel Nokia Novartis Office Depot Panasonic PepsiCo Pfizer Praxair Procter & Gamble Reckitt Benckiser Royal Bank of Scotland SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Samsung Sharp Sherwin-Williams Siemens Sony State Street Target Tesco Toshiba Toyota Unilever United Technologies UPS Verizon Volkswagen Volvo Group Walmart Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool