- Related companies: PG&E
Author: Dave Gershman, Salem Evening News
Some of the coal imported for PG&E Corp.'s Salem Harbor Station power plant comes from a giant mine in Colombia, which is accused of growing by bullying, cheating and sickening villagers into leaving homes that sit on massive, untapped reserves of...
- Related companies: Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) PG&E
21 Companies Score 100 percent on Second Annual HRC Corporate Equality Index: Number of Perfect Scores Nearly Doubles from Last Year; Corporate America Recognizing that Equality Works
Author: Human Rights Campaign
The Human Rights Campaign today released its second annual Corporate Equality Index, which measures how the largest U.S. companies treat their gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees and consumers...The 21 companies that scored 100 percent...
Author: Raúl Curiel, El Economista [México]
[Tultitlán, México]: se confirmó que existe un alto grado de concentración de cromo total en suelo, aire, agua potable y muy probablemente en los productos fabricados dentro del radio de contaminación [dejada por Cromatos de México, extinta empresa de...
- Related companies: Bacardi Limited Bayer Cinemex Comercial Mexicana Comisión Federal de Electricidad (CFE) Cromatos de México (was part of Bayer) Dixon Ticonderoga Goodyear Helados Holanda (part of Unilever) Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Holcim Apasco (part of LafargeHolcim) Osram (part of Siemens) PG&E Siemens Unilever
The participating companies [in the Sustainable Silicon Valley project, SSV] — ALZA, Calpine, Hewlett-Packard, Life Scan [LifeScan], Lockheed, Oracle, and PG&E — as well the NASA Ames Research Center, Santa Clara Valley Water District, and the...
Author: Human Rights Campaign
Human Rights Campaign (HRC) released its third annual Corporate Equality Index, a report card listing the "best and worst" firms for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender employees...The number of firms with perfect scores doubled since the 2003...
- Related companies: Accenture Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Aetna Agilent Technologies Alltel Altria American Airlines American Express Amgen Apple Aramark AT&T Avaya Bausch & Lomb BB&T Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Booz Allen Hamilton Borders Capital One Cargill Charles Schwab ChoicePoint Chubb Group Circuit City Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Cumberland Farms Dean Foods Dell Deutsche Bank Eastman Kodak Edison International Emerson Electric Entergy ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Fannie Mae Ford Goldman Sachs HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel International Steel JPMorgan Chase KeySpan Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Kmart (part of Sears) Kraft Foods Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lockheed Martin Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) MBNA (part of Bank of America) Meijer Metlife Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Gypsum Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Times Nike Oracle Owens Corning PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E PricewaterhouseCoopers Prudential Financial Quark RadioShack Replacements Ltd. SABMiller SC Johnson Shaw Industries (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southwest Airlines UBS Unilever Walmart Wells Fargo Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Worldspan Xerox
Author: Wina Graus, Monique Voogt & Jan Willem Langeraar, World Wildlife Fund
WWF has launched its global Power Switch! public campaign aiming to persuade the power sector to become carbon neutral...The overall goal is to stimulate the use of renewable energy sources (RES) and gas-CHP [Natural Gas-fired Combined Heat and Power]...
- Related stories: New World Wildlife Fund report reveals global failure of power sector to combat climate change
- Related companies: AES Allegheny Energy Alliant Energy Ameren American Electric Power British Energy CenterPoint Energy Chubu Electric Power Chugoku Electric Power Cinergy (now Duke Energy) CMS Energy Constellation Energy Dominion Resources DPL DTE Energy Duke Energy E.ON EDF Edison International EDP (Energias de Portugal) Electrabel Electric Power Development Company Elkraft System Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Entergy Exelon FirstEnergy Fortum FPL Group Hydro-Québec Iberdrola International Power Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Mirant Ontario Power Generation (OPG) PG&E PPL Progress Energy Public Service Enterprise Group RAO-UES RWE Scottish Power Shikoku Electric Power Southern Company Statkraft Tohoku Electric Power Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) TXU Unión Fenosa (now Gas Natural) Vattenfall Xcel Energy
Investors Call On Power Sector And Wall Street To Focus Attention On Financial Risks From Climate Change [USA]
...leading U.S. institutional investors today called on the country's 50 largest investor-owned greenhouse gas emitters in the electric power industry to report within a year how future greenhouse gas limits will affect their financial bottom lines...
- Related companies: AES Alliant Energy American Electric Power Calpine CenterPoint Energy Cinergy (now Duke Energy) CMS Energy Constellation Energy DPL DTE Energy Duke Energy Dynegy E.ON Edison International Entergy Exelon FirstEnergy FPL Group Great Plains Energy KeySpan Mirant PG&E PNM Resources PPL Progress Energy Public Service Enterprise Group Scottish Power Southern Company TransAlta TXU WPS Resources Xcel Energy
Author: Human Rights Campaign
[Rates companies on policies and practices toward gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees, consumer & public policy issues....
- Related companies: Aetna Agilent Technologies Alltel Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines American Express Apple AT&T Avaya Bausch & Lomb Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Borders BP Capital One Cargill Cendant (now Avis Budget) Charles Schwab Chevron ChoicePoint Chubb Group Cisco Systems Citigroup CMP Media (part of United Business Media) Corning Credit Suisse Cummins DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell Deutsche Bank Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Eastman Kodak Edison International Emerson Electric Entergy Ernst & Young Estée Lauder ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) Ford Freescale Semiconductor Gap General Dynamics General Mills GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hyatt IBM Intel Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KeySpan Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lexmark Lincoln National Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) MBNA (part of Bank of America) Meijer Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Gypsum Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Times Nike Nissan Nordstrom Northern Trust Olivia Companies Owens Corning PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Prudential Financial RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Rite Aid Rockwell Collins SABMiller Safeway (USA) SBC Communications (now AT&T) SC Johnson Sears Shaw Industries (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Nextel Sun Microsystems SunTrust Banks Tech Data Toyota UBS Unisys United Business Media US Airways Viacom Volvo Car (part of Ford) Walgreen Washington Mutual Wells Fargo Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Worldspan Wyndham Xerox