Author: Elsa Wenzel, GreenBiz
Among hundreds of corporations backing COP21 climate actions, few are trekking to Paris, instead backing blockbuster commitments or coalitions to represent them…Here are some of the bulkiest groups…Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates is teaming up with...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: ABB Abengoa Alcoa Alibaba.com Alphabet Alstom Amazon.com Anglo American Apple AT&T Bank of America Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP BT Calpine Clif Bar Coca-Cola Commerzbank Dow Chemical Eni Facebook General Mills General Motors Glencore Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Hershey Honda HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA Intel JPMorgan Chase Kellogg KPN LafargeHolcim Levi Strauss Mars McDonald's Microsoft Monsanto Morgan Stanley National Grid Nestlé Pemex PepsiCo PG&E Reed Elsevier Group Reliance Industries Repsol Rio Tinto Royal Philips Electronics Salesforce.com Saudi Aramco Schneider Electric Shell Siemens Starbucks Statoil Stonyfield Farm Suez Swiss Re Total Unilever UPS Virgin Group Wells Fargo Xerox
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores show improvement of measures taken by companies for LGBT workers
Author: Justin Sink, Bloomberg
"Obama Huddling With CEOs to Shore Up Support on Climate", 16 Oct 2015...
Author: Jody Freeman & Kate Konschnik, New York Times (USA)
With the release of President Obama’s Clean Power Plan, a flood of legal challenges will begin. Already, opponents have denounced the new rule limiting carbon pollution as unconstitutional. Behind the rattling sabers, however…[m]any big players in the...
Taiwan: Former RCA employees to receive US$18 million compensation for "worst ever work-related health incident" after winning decade-long legal battle
Author: Tax Justice Network
The corporate income tax is one of the most precious of all taxes. Yet it is under attack...As this document explains, it holds your country's whole tax system together. It is one of the best ways to tax capital, and it can powerfully curb.....
- Related stories: New report by Tax Justice Network stresses importance of corporate income tax to finance essential public services
- Related companies: American Electric Power Apache Atmos Energy Boeing CenterPoint Energy CMS Energy Corning Duke Energy FirstEnergy General Electric Google Integrys Energy Group Interpublic Group NiSource Northeast Utilities Paccar PepsiCo PG&E PricewaterhouseCoopers Ryder SABMiller Tenet Healthcare Verizon
Author: Garance Burke, Associated Press
Pacific Gas & Electric Co. [PG&E] pleaded not guilty…to a dozen felony charges stemming from alleged safety violations in a deadly 2010 natural gas pipeline explosion…[Prosecutors requested] to increase the maximum fine PG&E could face to...
Author: DiversityInc [USA]
In the civil-rights battle for marriage equality for lesbian and gay couples, several companies have taken activist roles. Most notably: Eli Lilly and Company, Cummins and WellPoint...have actively battled the Defense of Marriage Act in Indiana.....
Author: Norges Bank Investment Management
9 companies...received top marks for reporting on social or environmental risks in 2011. More than a third of the companies in the annual evaluation by Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM)...scored zero. “Failure to manage social and environmental...
- Related stories: PVH, H&M, Adidas, Gildan Activewear, Next & Gap receive "top marks" in child labour risk report
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: Air France KLM Air Products Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev BASF Bayer BHP Billiton Constellation Energy Danone E.ON Ericsson GlaxoSmithKline Iberdrola Intel Kellogg Lafarge Linde Merck Molson Coors Motorola Mobility (part of Google) Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E SABMiller Sanofi Walt Disney Xcel Energy Xstrata (now part of Glencore)