Author: Human Rights Campaign
[companies with a perfect score: Starcom MediaVest, Boeing, Honeywell, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, AMR Corp (American Airlines), US Airways, Abercrombie & Fitch, Gap, Levi Strauss, Liz Claiborne, Nike, Nordstrom, DaimlerChrysler, Ford Motor,...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign names best workplaces for gays & lesbians - 142 companies earn perfect score
- Related companies: Abercrombie & Fitch Adobe Systems Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Aetna Agere Systems Agilent Technologies Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Allianz Alston & Bird American Airlines American Express Ameriprise Financial Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Apple Arnold & Porter AT&T Avaya Bain & Company Bank of America Bausch & Lomb BellSouth (now AT&T) Best Buy BNY Mellon Boeing BP Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Capital One Cargill Carlson Chevron ChoicePoint Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMP Media (part of United Business Media) CNA Coca-Cola Corning Credit Suisse Cummins DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak Eli Lilly Estée Lauder EY (Ernst & Young) Faegre & Benson Fannie Mae Ford Freescale Semiconductor Gap General Mills General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Heller Ehrman Hewitt Associates Honeywell Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hyatt IBM ING Intel Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KeySpan Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lexmark Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) McDermott Will & Emery McKinsey Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Microsoft Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Molson Coors Morgan Stanley Morrison & Foerster Motorola Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Times Nike Nixon Peabody Nordstrom Northrop Grumman Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Powell Goldstein PricewaterhouseCoopers Prudential Financial Raytheon Replacements Ltd. SC Johnson Schering-Plough Sears Sempra Energy Sprint Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Street Sun Microsystems SunTrust Banks Tech Data US Airways Viacom Visa Inc. Volkswagen Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walt Disney Wells Fargo Whirlpool Xerox
Author: Business for Social Responsibility
Who’s going carbon neutral?...[W]e have been surprised at the distinct lack of basic resources on carbon neutrality trends, and have therefore taken the step of compiling a list of the most prominent carbon neutral claims, at the company and project...
- Related companies: Avis Budget Barclays British Airways British Sky Broadcasting Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) FIFA HSBC Interface KPMG Marks & Spencer Mohawk Industries News Corporation Nike PG&E REI Salesforce.com Silverjet ST Microelectronics Timberland (part of VF Corp) VanCity Working Assets Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Author: Marc Gunther, Fortune
...TXU is staking its future on coal - the dirtiest of all fuels used to generate electricity... That has set off a firestorm of opposition... Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley and Citigroup, the lead underwriters for the plants, have come under fire......
Innovest Strategic Value Advisors has upgraded its Intangible Value Assessment of PG&E based on improvements in its social environmental and strategic governance (ESG) performance. Eric Kane, Analyst of the Multi-Utilities sector upgraded the...
- Related companies: PG&E
Social(k) and Fidelity Out of Sudan Target Companies to Divest Retirement Funds from Fidelity Investments Over Sudan
...Social(k)...today is day-lighting the names of 29 major companies each with more than two billion dollars of retirement assets in...Fidelity Investments... Social(k) fund President Rob Thomas made the announcement due to concerns the financial titan...
- Related companies: Accenture Albertsons Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Alcoa Ameren Bechtel Bristol-Myers Squibb Delta Air Lines Dow Chemical Eastman Kodak Fidelity Investments Ford FPL Group HCA Johnson Controls Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) NCR Northeast Utilities PG&E PPG Shell Tyco Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) Verizon Walt Disney
Author: Economist [UK]
These days very few serious businessmen will say publicly either that climate change is not happening or that it is not worth tackling…Big emitters [of CO2] are beginning to price carbon into their investment plans, and to alter them accordingly.....
[PDF] full report: “The State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans 2006-2007”
Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
Gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees and their families are valued in the American workplace now more than ever before. And inclusive non-discrimination policies and benefits for GLBT employees and their families are essential for...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign reports major increase in workplace protections for gay, transgender employees
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies AIG Air Products AK Steel Albertsons Alcoa Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power American Express AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Asbury Automotive Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals AT&T AutoNation AutoZone Avaya Avery Dennison Avis Budget Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond BellSouth (now AT&T) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy BJ's Wholesale Club Blockbuster Bluelinx BNY Mellon Boeing Borders Group BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Cablevision Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Caterpillar CBS CenterPoint Energy Centex Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Circuit City Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commercial Metals Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) Corning Cosco Costco Cox Enterprises CSX Cummins CVS D.R. Horton Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge Engelhard (part of BASF) Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil Family Dollar Federal-Mogul Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) FedEx Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fluor Foot Locker Ford FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Freescale Semiconductor Gannett Gap General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Hershey Hilton Home Depot Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana Huntsman IKON Illinois Tool Works Intel International Paper Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kelly Services Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) KeySpan Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (part of Kinder Morgan Inc.) Kohl's Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Loews Lowe's Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Lyondell (part of Access Industries) ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel Maytag McDonald's McGraw Hill McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife MGM Resorts Micron Microsoft Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mohawk Industries Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont Goldcorp News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northeast Utilities Northrop Grumman Northwest Airlines Nucor Occidental Petroleum Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Peabody Energy Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services PPG PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publix R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reliant Energy Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Ryland (now CalAtlantic Group) Safeco Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Sanmina-SCI Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sealed Air Sears Sempra Energy ServiceMaster Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Solectron Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Standard Pacific (now CalAtlantic Group) Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Target Temple-Inland Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron TIAA-CREF Time Warner TJX Toll Brothers Toys R Us Tribune Company TXU Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies UnumProvident UPS US Airways US Bancorp USAA Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies Winn-Dixie WPS Resources Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM!
Author: Rob Taylor, Reuters
...Erin Brockovich...added her weight this week to a possible class action suit against mining giant Alcoa in Western Australia state...In the tiny town of Yarloop...local residents have complained of health problems they blame on emissions from the...