Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation Corporate Equality Index...was devised with corporate diversity leaders, GLBT workplace advocates and employees to provide employers with a roadmap to creating fair workplaces. Each year, we have seen tremendous...
- Related stories: USA: Report by Human Rights Campaign finds growth in company policies for gay & transgender workers
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Adobe Systems Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Advanced Micro Devices Aegon Aetna Agilent Technologies AIG Air Products Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Allegheny Energy Alliant Energy Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com American Electric Power American Express Amgen Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Applebee's International Aramark Archer Daniels Midland AstraZeneca AT&T AutoZone Avaya Aventis (now part of Sanofi) Avis Budget Avon Baldor Electric (now ABB Motors and Mechanical Inc.) Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Best Buy BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Borders Group BP Bristol-Myers Squibb Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Calpine Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capital One Cargill Carlson Caterpillar CBRL Group Cerner Charles Schwab Chevron ChoicePoint Chubb Group CIGNA Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Circuit City Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMP Media (part of United Business Media) CNA Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Compass Group ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Cravath Swaine & Moore Credit Suisse CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Delphi Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Diageo Dole Dominion Resources Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Kodak Edison International Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) FedEx Fifth Third Bank Ford Freddie Mac Freescale Semiconductor Gannett Gap Gateway Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Giant Food (part of Ahold Delhaize) Gibson GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Hallmark Cards Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Heller Ehrman Herman Miller Hershey Hewitt Associates Hilton Hoffmann-La Roche (part of Roche) Holland & Knight Home Depot Honeywell Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Illinois Tool Works ING Intel International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg KeySpan Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L.L.Bean LaSalle Bank (part of Bank of America) Lear Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lexmark Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Macy's Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel Maytag McDermott McDonald's McGraw Hill McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Mirant (part of NRG Energy) Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Morgan Stanley Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Grid Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northrop Grumman Northwest Airlines Novartis Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Olivia Companies Omnicom Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Powell Goldstein PPG PPL Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Enterprises (now Woolworths) Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Reliant Energy Replacements Ltd. Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryland (now CalAtlantic Group) Safeco Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) SAP Sara Lee SC Johnson Schering-Plough Seagate Technology Sears Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shell Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems SunTrust Banks Supervalu T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Texas Instruments Tiffany Time Warner Toyota Toys R Us UBS Unilever Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Technologies UnumProvident US Airways US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Visa Inc. Visteon Vivendi Volkswagen Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market (part of Amazon) Williams Companies Worldspan WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! (part of Verizon) Zurich
Author: Bernadette Tansey, San Francisco Chronicle
The number of U.S. companies whose employment policies received the top rating from a civil rights organization for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people has risen 41 percent since the group's last survey in 2006. The Human Rights Campaign...
President Clinton Concludes Third Annual Meeting of the Clinton Global Initiative by Announcing Historic Levels of Commitments and Expansion
Author: Clinton Global Initiative
Over the past three days CGI [Clinton Global Initiative] members have made 245 commitments - commitments that when fully implemented have the potential to impact the lives of over around the globe. [Refers to commitments in the area of health,...
- Related stories: Clinton Global Initiative: Major commitments made on health, education, poverty, climate change, including by companies (YouTube, Goldman Sachs, Swiss Re, Procter & Gamble, others)
- Related companies: Bank of America Coca-Cola Gap Goldman Sachs Google (part of Alphabet) Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers McKinsey PepsiCo PG&E Procter & Gamble Royal Philips Electronics Shell Starbucks Swiss Re YouTube (part of Alphabet)
Author: Combat Climate Change
A group of 46 leading international companies today called on governments to work together to develop a global policy framework to combat climate change...The companies...have combined in an international business initiative called Combat Climate...
- Related companies: Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alstom Bayer BP British Sky Broadcasting Centrica Citigroup CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Deutsche Bahn Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post Dow Chemical Duke Energy E.ON Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Energie Baden-Wuerttemberg (EnBW) Eskom Fortum General Electric Hitachi Iberdrola Lufthansa MAN Munich Re Norske Skog NRG Energy Orano (formerly Areva) Orsted PG&E PNM Resources RAO-UES Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) SAP SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) Siemens Suez Tata Group Vattenfall Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement)
150 Global Business Leaders Call for Legally Binding UN Framework at Bali COP to Tackle Climate Change
Author: World Wildlife Fund
Leaders of 150 global companies today called on world leaders to agree on a comprehensive, legally binding United Nations framework to tackle climate change during negotiations that begin next week during the Conference of the Parties in Bali,...
Author: CRO Magazine
In 2008, CRO—in partnership with IW Financial…tweaked the methodology to emphasize the corporate responsibility efforts of large, impactful corporations in eight categories: Climate Change, Employee Relations, Environment, Financial, Governance, Human...
Author: CRO Magazine
[Top five placed companies: Intel, Eaton, Nike, John Deere, Genentech]
- Related stories: USA: CRO Magazine's 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2008 - list topped by Intel, Eaton, Nike
- Related companies: Aetna Agilent Technologies Allegheny Energy American Electric Power Avalon Avon Bank of America Baxter International Bunge Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Constellation Energy Cooper Industries Corning Cummins Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Eastman Chemical Eaton Edison International El Paso Energy Entergy Exelon Fairchild Semiconductor FirstEnergy Ford FPL Group Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gilead Sciences Goldman Sachs Goodyear Green Mountain Coffee Guess Hess Corporation Humana IBM Intel Intersil ITT Industries John Deere JPMorgan Chase Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Lockheed Martin Marathon Oil McKesson MeadWestvaco Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola Nike Norfolk Southern Office Depot PepsiCo PG&E PNC Financial Services PPL Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Public Service Enterprise Group PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Raytheon Reliant Energy Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Seagate Technology Southern Company Staples Starbucks State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) Target Temple-Inland Tiffany Union Pacific Verizon Walt Disney Waste Management Weyerhaeuser Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy