[PDF] [full report] Corporate Equality Index - A Report Card on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality in Corporate America
Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
Several industries saw improvement in both the average rating and the number of top-rated businesses: airlines; computer hardware and office equipment; food, beverages and groceries; insurance; law firms; and, retail and consumer products... Of the 35...
- Related stories: USA: Corporate Equality Index ranks 583 firms on treatment of lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender employees, consumers, investors
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco adidas Adobe Systems Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Advanced Micro Devices Aegon Aetna Agilent Technologies Ahold AIG Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Alliant Energy Allianz Allstate Alltel Alston & Bird Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Express Amgen Aon Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arent Fox Arnold & Porter AstraZeneca AT&T AutoZone Avaya Avis Budget Avon Baker & McKenzie Baldor Electric Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BB&T Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Borders BP Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Calpine Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capital One Cardinal Cargill Carlson Caterpillar CBRL Group Cerner Chevron ChoicePoint Chrysler Chubb Group CIGNA Circuit City Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Clifford Chance Clorox CNA Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Compass Group ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Cravath Swaine & Moore Credit Suisse CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Delphi Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Diageo Dole Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Kodak eBay Edison International Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Entergy Enterprise Rent-A-Car Ernst & Young Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Fannie Mae FedEx Fifth Third Bank Ford Freddie Mac Freescale Semiconductor Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Gibson GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google H&R Block Hallmark Cards Harrah's Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Health Care Service Heinz Heller Ehrman Herman Miller Hershey Hewitt Associates Hilton Hoffmann-La Roche (part of Roche) Holland & Knight Home Depot Honeywell Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams IBM IKON Illinois Tool Works ING Intel International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods Kroger L.L.Bean LaSalle Bank (part of ABN Amro) Lear Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lexmark Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Macy's Manulife Financial Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Mirant Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Molson Coors Monsanto Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Grid Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR Nestlé New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northrop Grumman Northwest Airlines Novartis Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicom Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Powell Goldstein PPG PPL Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Roche Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Royal Caribbean Cruises Safeco Safeway (USA) Sanofi SAP Sara Lee Schering-Plough Seagate Technology Sears Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shell Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Microsystems Supervalu Target Tenet Healthcare Texas Instruments Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toyota Toys R Us UBS Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Business Media United Technologies UPS US Airways Verizon Viacom Visa Inc. Visteon Vivendi Volkswagen Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo West LB Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! YUM! Zurich
Author: CRO Magazine
In 2008, CRO—in partnership with IW Financial…tweaked the methodology to emphasize the corporate responsibility efforts of large, impactful corporations in eight categories: Climate Change, Employee Relations, Environment, Financial, Governance, Human...
Author: CRO Magazine
[Top five placed companies: Intel, Eaton, Nike, John Deere, Genentech]
- Related stories: USA: CRO Magazine's 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2008 - list topped by Intel, Eaton, Nike
- Related companies: Aetna Agilent Technologies Allegheny Energy American Electric Power Avalon Avon Bank of America Baxter International Bunge Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Constellation Energy Cooper Industries Corning Cummins Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Eastman Chemical Company Eaton Edison International El Paso Energy Entergy Exelon Fairchild Semiconductor FirstEnergy Ford FPL Group Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gilead Sciences Goldman Sachs Goodyear Green Mountain Coffee Guess Hess Corporation Humana IBM Intel Intersil ITT Industries John Deere JPMorgan Chase Kraft Foods Lockheed Martin Marathon Oil McKesson MeadWestvaco Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola Nike Norfolk Southern Office Depot PepsiCo PG&E Phillips-Van Heusen PNC Financial Services PPL Progress Energy Public Service Enterprise Group Raytheon Reliant Energy Safeway (USA) Seagate Technology Southern Company Staples Starbucks State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco Target Temple-Inland Tiffany Union Pacific Verizon Walt Disney Waste Management Weyerhaeuser Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy
150 Global Business Leaders Call for Legally Binding UN Framework at Bali COP to Tackle Climate Change
Author: World Wildlife Fund
Leaders of 150 global companies today called on world leaders to agree on a comprehensive, legally binding United Nations framework to tackle climate change during negotiations that begin next week during the Conference of the Parties in Bali,...
Author: Combat Climate Change
A group of 46 leading international companies today called on governments to work together to develop a global policy framework to combat climate change...The companies...have combined in an international business initiative called Combat Climate...
- Related companies: Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alstom Areva Bayer BP British Sky Broadcasting Centrica Citigroup CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Deutsche Bahn Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post DONG Energy Dow Chemical Duke Energy E.ON Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Energie Baden-Wuerttemberg (EnBW) Eskom Fortum General Electric Hitachi Iberdrola Lufthansa MAN Munich Re Norske Skog NRG Energy PG&E PNM Resources RAO-UES Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) SAP SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) Siemens Suez Tata Group Vattenfall Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi)
President Clinton Concludes Third Annual Meeting of the Clinton Global Initiative by Announcing Historic Levels of Commitments and Expansion
Author: Clinton Global Initiative
Over the past three days CGI [Clinton Global Initiative] members have made 245 commitments - commitments that when fully implemented have the potential to impact the lives of over around the globe. [Refers to commitments in the area of health,...
- Related stories: Clinton Global Initiative: Major commitments made on health, education, poverty, climate change, including by companies (YouTube, Goldman Sachs, Swiss Re, Procter & Gamble, others)
- Related companies: Bank of America Coca-Cola Gap Goldman Sachs Google Holcim Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers McKinsey PepsiCo PG&E Procter & Gamble Royal Philips Electronics Shell Starbucks Swiss Re YouTube (part of Google)
Author: Bernadette Tansey, San Francisco Chronicle
The number of U.S. companies whose employment policies received the top rating from a civil rights organization for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people has risen 41 percent since the group's last survey in 2006. The Human Rights Campaign...