Author: Clean Energy Ministerial
"World’s Energy and Business Leaders Announce Actions to Accelerate Global Deployment of Technologies at Seventh Clean Energy Ministerial," 2 Jun 2016...
- Related stories: Business & state leaders discuss clean energy transition at 7th Clean Energy Ministerial
- Related companies: Apple Cummins Daikin Dentsu Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Honeywell Ingersoll-Rand Interface LG Chem MGM Resorts Microsoft PG&E Royal Philips Electronics Samsung Schneider Electric Tetra Pak (part of Tetra Laval) Toronto-Dominion Bank Wells Fargo
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
USA: 600+ investors & companies call on Trump administration to take action on climate change & low-carbon economy
Author: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor (UK)
“Top US investors and companies unite to promote low carbon future ahead of Trump inauguration”, 10 January 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Mitigation Responsible public policy Technology and human rights - advances by business USA: Trump administration actions on business & human rights
- Related companies: adidas Adobe Systems Advanced Micro Devices Allianz Boston Common Asset Mgmt. DuPont Gap General Mills Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Johnson & Johnson Kellogg Levi Strauss Mars Mercy Investment Services Mondelēz International Monsanto (part of Bayer) Nike PG&E Staples Starbucks Unilever
25 American firms, including Apple, Facebook & Google urge Donald Trump not to pull out of Paris Agreement
Author: Miles Dilworth, The Independent (UK)
Twenty-five of the world's biggest corporations have made a last-minute pitch to President Donald Trump urging him not to reconsider plans to withdraw the United States from a landmark international agreement on climate change. Companies including...
- Related stories: USA to withdraw from Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: Adobe Systems Apple Blue Cross ExxonMobil Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) Ingersoll-Rand Intel Levi Strauss Mars Microsoft Morgan Stanley National Grid PG&E Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Shell Tesla Motors Tiffany Unilever VF Corp Walmart
Author: Le Monde (France)
« Cher président Trump, nous faisons partie des plus grandes entreprises sises ou travaillant aux Etats-Unis, et nous vous encourageons fortement à maintenir les Etats-Unis dans l’accord de Paris sur le climat. » Dans une lettre ouverte adressée...
- Related stories: Retrait des Etats-Unis de l’accord de Paris: les grandes entreprises américaines critiquent la décision et réaffirment leur engagement en faveur du climat
- Related companies: Adobe Systems Alphabet Apple Blue Cross Facebook Gap Google (part of Alphabet) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) Ingersoll-Rand Intel Levi Strauss Mars Microsoft Morgan Stanley National Grid PG&E Salesforce.com Schneider Electric Tesla Motors Tiffany Unilever VF Corp
Author: Senators Sheldon Whitehouse and Elizabeth Warren
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce...wields the largest lobbying force on Capitol Hill...The biggest benefit the Chamber offers is to let companies say one thing and do another. For example, Pepsi has committed to fighting climate change by reducing...
NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
A group of nearly 60 organizations are calling on Disney, Gap, and Pepsi to stop funding the US Chamber of Commerce, due to its position on climate change and public criticism of the Paris Agreement. In his speech announcing the decision to withdraw...
USA: Lawsuit alleges utility co. is responsible for California wildfire that caused deaths & destroyed homes
Author: Mike James & Jorge L. Ortiz, USA Today
"Class-action lawsuit alleges deadly California wildfire was caused by Pacific Gas & Electric", 6 Dec 2018...
Author: John G. Ruggie
"ESG investing: Coming into its own - and not a moment too soon," 24 April 2019...
Author: Maysa Zorob & Antonella Angelini, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
For several decades, individuals and communities affected by climate change – as well as the lawyers, advocates and civil society organizations who represent them – have been using litigation as a strategic tool to hold corporations accountable for...