Pilgrim's (part of JBS)
Headquarters in USA
Author: Open Democracy
“La Covid-19 y los trabajadores agrícolas y empacadores de carne inmigrantes en los EE.UU”, 23 de abril de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Trabajadoras y trabajadores migrantes
- Related companies: JBS Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Smithfield Foods
Author: Open Democracy
“COVID-19 sweeping through US immigrant farmworker and meatpacker ranks”, 23 de abril de 2020...
Author: Miriam Jordan & Caitlin Dickerson, New York Times
The coronavirus pandemic has reached the processing plants where workers typically stand elbow-to-elbow to do the low-wage work of cutting, deboning and packing the chicken and beef that Americans savor. Some plants have offered financial incentives to...
USA: Meat & poultry workers experience dangerous working conditions & high rates of injury; incl. company responses
Author: Human Rights Watch
Trump administration policies threaten to worsen the already dangerous conditions for meatpacking workers in the United States, Human Rights Watch said... [The report]... describes alarmingly high rates of serious injury and chronic illness among...
Agricultural commodity issues represent fundamental constraints on supply chain security and consumer acceptability in the context of growing demand...Engage the Chain overviews the environmental and social risks and impacts of 8 commonly sourced agri...
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland Bunge Campbell Soup Coca-Cola Costco Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dr Pepper Snapple Group General Mills Hershey Hormel International Paper Kellogg Kraft Heinz McDonald's Molson Coors Mondelēz International PepsiCo Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Reckitt Benckiser SJM Starbucks Tyson Walmart Wendy's WestRock YUM!
Brazil: Authorities investigate meat companies accused of selling tainted meat, including to schools, within corruption scheme; it includes companies comments
Author: Simon Romero, The New York Times
“Brazil’s Largest Food Companies Raided in Tainted Meat Scandal”, 17 March 2017...
USA: Oxfam report finds poultry workers forced to wear nappies as they are denied adequate toilet breaks & suffer danger to health
From Oxfam America: "Chicken is the most popular meat in America, and the poultry industry is booming. But workers on the processing line do not share in the bounty. Poultry workers 1) earn low wages of diminishing value, 2) suffer elevated rates of...
Author: Pilgrim's Pride
- Related stories: "Lives on the line": Oxfam report documents poor working conditions in the US poultry industry
- This is a non response from the following companies: Pilgrim's (part of JBS)