Pinnacle West Capital
Headquarters in USA
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
On 26 February 2008 Kivalina, a Native Alaskan village of approximately 390 Inupiat residents, launched a federal lawsuit in California aimed at oil, coal and power companies. The plaintiffs argue that the defendants’ contribution to global warming...
- Related stories: Kivalina lawsuit (re global warming)
- Related companies: AES American Electric Power Berkshire Hathaway BP Chevron Cinergy (now Duke Energy) ConocoPhillips DTE Energy Duke Energy Edison International ExxonMobil MidAmerican Energy (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Mirant NRG Energy Peabody Energy Pinnacle West Capital Reliant Energy Shell Southern Company Xcel Energy
[DOC] Dirty Kilowatts: America's 50 dirtiest power plants emit up to 20 times more pollution than plants with state-of-art controls [USA]
Author: Environmental Integrity Project
New Report Exposes Worst Plants on Sulfur Dioxide, Mercury, Nitrogen Oxide, CO2 Pollution; Needless Pollution Linked to 20,000 Premature Deaths, Fetal Damage and Global Warming [refers to companies owning the most polluting plants: Alcoa, Louisville...
- Related stories: USA: Companies owning the most polluting power plants include Alcoa, Reliant, Southern Company, American Electric Power, TXU
- Related companies: Alcoa Allegheny Energy American Electric Power Arizona Public Service Company (part of Pinnacle West Capital) E.ON Louisville Gas & Electric (part of E.ON) Minnkota Power Cooperative Northern States Power (part of Xcel Energy) Pinnacle West Capital Reliant Energy Southern Company TXU Xcel Energy
Author: Mark Belanger, Jon Franklin, Andrew Moschetti and Maya Sultan of F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business, Babson College [USA], and Walden Asset Management
The objective of this report is to add evidence to the case that Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) makes good business sense. The evidence provided is in the form of quotations from the leaders of today’s global business community. [statements on...
- Related companies: adidas Alcoa Allstate American Airlines Bank of America Baxter International BP Bristol-Myers Squibb Cisco Systems Coca-Cola Daikin Dell Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak EMC Entergy Exelon Ford Gap General Electric General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Hammerson HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM International Paper Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Merck Microsoft Nike Office Depot PepsiCo Pfizer Pinnacle West Capital PPL Procter & Gamble RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Sara Lee Sunoco Swiss Re Target Time Warner Unisys Whole Foods Market Xerox
Author: Corporate Knights & Innovest Strategic Value Advisors
[List: ABB, ABN Amro, Adidas Salomon, Aeon, Agilent Technologies, Alcan, Alcoa, Alliance Unichem, ARCELOR, Atlas Copco, Aviva, BAA (British Airports Authority), Bank Of America., BASF, Baxter International, Boots, BP, British Airways, British Land,...
- Related stories: Innovest & Corporate Knights name global 100 most sustainable companies
- Related companies: ABB ABN Amro adidas AEON Agilent Technologies Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcoa Alliance Unichem (now Alliance Boots) Arcelor (now ArcelorMittal) Atlas Copco Aviva Bank of America BASF Baxter International Boots (now Alliance Boots) BP Bristol-Myers Squibb British Airports Authority (BAA) British Airways British Land British Sky Broadcasting BT Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Canon Centrica Coca-Cola Danone Denso Deutsche Telekom Dexia Diageo Eastman Kodak Enbridge Ericsson FPL Group Fresenius Medical Care Gamesa General Electric GlaxoSmithKline GUS H&M HBOS (part of Lloyds) Henkel Holmen HP (Hewlett-Packard) Iberdrola ING Insurance Australia Group Intel Johnson & Johnson Kesko Kuraray Lafarge Land Securities Marks & Spencer Masco Matsushita (now Panasonic) Mitchells & Butlers Nike Nikko Cordial Nokia Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes NTT Docomo Pearson PepsiCo Pinnacle West Capital Reed Elsevier Group Ricoh Royal Bank of Canada Royal Philips Electronics ST Microelectronics Sun Life Financial Toyota TransAlta Unilever United Technologies UPS Vestas Wind Systems Vodafone Volvo Group Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whitbread Xerox
IBM, Johnson & Johnson, and Baxter International are among the 13 companies, organizations, and individuals from around the world that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has recognized this year for outstanding efforts to protect the Earth's...
- Related stories: US Environmental Protection Agency rewards companies for action on climate change: IBM, Johnson & Johnson, Baxter, Denso, Yokota Tohoku, Arizona Public Service
- Related companies: Arizona Public Service Company (part of Pinnacle West Capital) Baxter International Denso IBM Johnson & Johnson Pinnacle West Capital
Author: Innovest Strategic Value Advisors
The companies below are deemed to have the best developed abilities, relative to their industry peers, to manage environmental, social and governance risks, and to take advantage of new business opportunities in this area. [Global 100: ABN Amro,...
- Related stories: BusinessWeek survey of sustainability & the financial bottom line in major multinational firms: "Beyond the Green Corporation"
- Related companies: ABN Amro Accor Adecco adidas Advanced Micro Devices Agilent Technologies AIG Air France KLM Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcoa Atlas Copco BASF Baxter International British Airways British Land British Sky Broadcasting BT Cable and Wireless Centrica Coca-Cola Daikin Daiwa Securities Danone Denso Dexia Diageo East Japan Railway Eastman Kodak Enbridge Ferrovial FPL Group Fresenius Medical Care Gamesa General Electric Genzyme George Wimpey Goldman Sachs Google HBOS (part of Lloyds) Henkel Holmen HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Iberdrola Inditex Indra ING Insurance Australia Group Intel Investa Property Group Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kesko Kingfisher Kuraray Lafarge Land Securities Marks & Spencer McDonald's Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Morgan Stanley Neste Oil Nike Nintendo Nokia Nomura Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes NTT Docomo NYK Line Pearson Petrobras PetroChina Pinnacle West Capital Punto de Salud Ricoh Roche Royal Bank of Canada Royal Philips Electronics Sainsbury SAP SCA Scania Schlumberger Scottish and Southern Energy Severn Trent Shell Smith & Nephew Sony State Street Storebrand Sun Life Financial Swiss Re Toppan Printing Toyota Transcanada Unibail Unilever United Technologies Vestas Wind Systems Walt Disney Westpac Whitbread Yell Group
Author: Environment News Service
Nevada Power's [part of Sierra Pacific Resources] Reid Gardner coal-fired power plant has a higher emission rate of the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide than any other power plant in the United States, according to a new ranking issued today by the...
Author: Environment Integrity Project (USA)
This report ranks America’s dirtiest power plants, based on company-reported data.