Postdoctoral/Associate Research Scholar at Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment
Columbia Law School seeks a Postdoctoral Research Scholar or an Associate Research Scholar who will collaborate with the Director of the Columbia Center on Sustainable Investment and the Center's Head of Investment Law and Policy. The incumbent will develop and execute the Center's investment law and policy research agenda, primarily in the domains of trends and policy analysis, implications for sustainable development, and emerging market multinationals. The proposed start date of this position is 2/16/2016, for an initial period of six months, extension pending funding.
- Mapping the institutional and policy landscape relevant to specific Center initiatives and goals;
- Conducting qualitative legal research;
- Collaborating with external leaders, practitioners and scholars;
- Designing, organizing, and/or presenting at research-oriented conferences, seminars, trainings and workshops.
- Doing research for, drafting, and/or editing various publications of the Center.
This position will be filled as either a Postdoctoral Research Scholar or an Associate Research Scholar.
- For a Postdoctoral Research Scholar, the minimum degree requirement is a PhD or JD.
- For an Associate Research Scholar, the minimum degree requirement is a PhD or JD and relevant experience.
Other minimum qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
- strong legal and analytical research and writing capabilities, preferably, in domains relevant to foreign direct investment, sustainable development, international investment law and policy, and/or domestic administrative and constitutional law
- requires willingness to learn new areas and to work in a highly interdisciplinary, flexible, and dynamic environment
- excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- ability to work as part of a team
- high initiative and motivation
- ability to think strategically
- willingness and ability to travel
Please apply through RAPS: academicjobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=62107
You will be asked to submit the following documents through the RAPS system: a CV, a writing sample, a list of references, and a 2-page personal statement describing interest in the position and relevant skills.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer --Race/Gender/Disability/Veteran.
Title: Postdoctoral Research Scholar or Associate Research Scholar
Location: New York
Contract: 6 months, extension pending funding
Closing date: Rolling application
Proposed start date: 16 February 2016