Headquarters in Italy
KnowTheChain: Ranking of 20 apparel and footwear companies on efforts to address forced labour in the supply chain
- Related stories: KnowTheChain: Ranking companies' efforts to address forced labour in their supply chains
- Related companies: adidas Belle International Holdings Limited Fast Retailing Gap Gildan Activewear Hanesbrands Hennes & Mauritz (see H&M) Hugo Boss Inditex Kering L Brands, Inc. Lululemon Athletica Nike Prada Primark (part of Associated British Foods) PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Shenzhou International Group Holdings Under Armour VF Corp
- Related stories: Reports allege poor working conditions in shoe supply chains in Eastern Europe; company responses included
- This is a non response from the following companies: Prada
Reports allege poor working conditions in shoe supply chains in Eastern Europe; company responses included
The recently released reports by the Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC), “Labour on a Shoestring” and “Trampling Workers Rights Underfoot”, as well as the initiative “Change your Shoes” demonstrate the responsibility for respecting human rights for shoe bra...
New research by Campagna Abiti Puliti shows deteriorating working conditions in Italian garment factories
Author: Financial Times
BMW and four other large auto companies have been named climate change champions in one of the most closely watched rankings of how businesses are tackling their greenhouse gas emissions...[E]ven though more large businesses are disclosing their...
Prada Lawsuit: Rina Bovrisse Backed By United Nations In Sexual Harassment, Discrimination Case [Japan]
Author: Erika W. Smith, Fashion & Style (USA)
The United Nations has backed former Prada employee Rina Bovrisse in her lawsuit with Prada Japan concerning sexual harassment and discrimination…Bovrisse sued the company four years ago after Prada Japan CEO David Sesia allegedly fired or demoted...
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
On 13 February 2011 Clean Clothes Campaign (CCC) launched Stop the Killer Jeans! campaign, calling on leading fashion manufacturers and retailers to ban sandblasting - a technique for producing denim garments with an artificially worn look. CCC...
- Related stories: Clean Clothes Campaign calls on fashion companies to ban sandblasting - 4 companies were invited to respond
- Related in-depth areas: Clean Clothes Campaign calls on fashion companies to ban sandblasting
- Related companies: Adolfo Domínguez Associated British Foods Benetton Bestseller Burberry C&A Diesel Dolce & Gabbana Esprit Giorgio Armani Gucci (part of Kering) H&M Inditex Just Group Levi Strauss Mango Metro Group New Look Pepe Jeans PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Prada Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Replay Jeans Roberto Cavalli Street One Versace VF Corp
Author: Institute for Human Rights and Business & Echo Research
In order to assess the perspectives of business leaders on business and human rights as part of their companies’ role in society, the IHRB has conducted a first global survey…The…survey was…completed by 97 people including directors of global...
- Related stories: Survey shows growing awareness of human rights in business, but illustrates need for greater clarity - only a third of companies said they measure their human rights impacts
- Related in-depth areas: Tools & Guidance
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk AngloGold Ashanti Apple Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Boeing BP Chiquita Google Lundbeck Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Monsanto News Corporation Nike Prada Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Roche Shell Southwest Airlines Statoil Unilever Vodafone
Author: Samson Lee, Hong Kong Standard
Local women's rights concern groups have urged Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing to think twice before approving an initial public offering application by fashion retailer Prada. About 20 members of various groups...staged a protest outside a Prada...
- Related stories: Hong Kong: Protesters ask stock exchange to look closely at Prada's discriminatory practices before approving listing application
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Prada