Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: Rob Davies, The Guardian
"Norway's $1tn wealth fund to divest from oil and gas exploration", 8 March 2019...
Author: Andreas Exarheas, Rigzone (USA)
"Mental Health Awareness Increasing Among Oil, Gas Industry", 5 Jul 2016...
- Related companies: Premier Oil
Author: Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights
Through implementation of the Voluntary Principles, and participation in the Voluntary Principles Initiative, companies are better able to align their corporate policies and procedures with internationally recognized human rights principles in the...
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold BG Group BHP Billiton BP Chevron ConocoPhillips ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Newcrest Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Occidental Petroleum Pacific Rubiales Energy Premier Oil Repsol Rio Tinto Shell Statoil Total Tullow Oil
Kenya: Court allows 3 companies to continue with oil exploration without interfering with locals' nomadic life
Author: Daily Nation (Kenya)
"Court allows oil exploration" 21 November 2014...
- Related companies: Premier Oil
Author: Institute for Human Rights and Business
This paper offers an analysis of the current political and economic situation in Myanmar, identifies a number of risks companies currently operating and considering investment in the country face, and raises questions that businesses should...
Author: John Morrison, Institute for Human Rights and Business
John Morrison, head of the Institute for Human Rights and Business, speaks with Toby Webb about two recent trips to Burma, companies investing there and the work IHRB is doing to aid companies in tackling challenges in the country.
Author: Business and Human Rights Resource Centre & Realizing Rights
As representatives of over 1000 companies gather this week in New York at the United Nations Global Compact Leaders Summit, Realizing Rights and the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre have published a list of over 270 companies worldwide...
- Related in-depth areas: Tools & Guidance
- Related companies: ABB Abbott Laboratories Aberdeen Asset Management ABN Amro adidas Aegon AGF - Assurances Générales de France (part of Allianz) Akzo Nobel Alcan (now Rio Tinto Alcan) Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Alliance Boots (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) Allianz Alstom Anglo American ANZ Bank Aramex Arcelor Mittal Areva Arla Foods ArmorGroup (part of G4S) ASN Bank (part of SNS Reaal) Associated British Foods AstraZeneca Aviva Balfour Beatty Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Barclays Barrick Gold BASF Bayer BBVA BG Group BHP Billiton BMW Boeing Bonnier Group Bouygues BP Brambles British Airways British American Tobacco BT Cable and Wireless Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Cadbury Schweppes (now Cadbury) Carrefour Casino Cemex Centrica Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Chevron Chiquita Chubu Electric Power Cisco Systems Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Codelco Colgate-Palmolive Commerzbank Compass Group ConocoPhillips Continental AG Control Risks Cosmo Oil Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Danone De Beers Dell Deutsche Bahn Deutsche Telekom Diageo DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Dow Chemical DuPont E.ON EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF EMI Enagás EnCana Endesa (part of Enel) Eni Ericsson Eroski ExxonMobil FCC Ferrovial Ford Fortis Freeport-McMoRan Friends Provident Fuji Photo Film Fujitsu G4S Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) GDF Suez General Electric General Motors GlaxoSmithKline Gold Fields Goodyear Grupo ACS Gucci (part of Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Halliburton HBOS (part of Lloyds) Henkel Hess Corporation Hilton Hitachi Holcim HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Iberdrola IKEA Impala Platinum Imperial Tobacco Indian Oil Corporation ING Intel InterContinental Hotels International Power ISS JFE Johnson Matthey KBC Kimberly-Clark Kinross Gold Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) L'Oreal Lafarge Lagardère Lego Levi Strauss Linde Lloyds TSB Lonmin Lundin Petroleum Man Group Marks & Spencer Marriott Marubeni Mazda McDonald's Merck Microsoft Mitchells & Butlers Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsui Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola National Grid NEC Neste Oil Nestlé Newmont Nexen Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro (now part of Statoil) Novartis Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes NYK Line O2 (part of Telefónica) Occidental Petroleum OceanaGold OMV Pentland Group PepsiCo Persimmon Petrobras Pfizer Posco PPR (formerly Pinault-Printemps-Redoute) Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Prudential plc Rabobank Reckitt Benckiser Reebok (part of adidas) Repsol YPF Rexam Ricoh Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Roche Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Caribbean Cruises Royal Philips Electronics SABMiller Sanofi-Aventis Sara Lee Sasol SCA Securitas Seven & i Sharp Shell Siemens Signet Skanska Smiths Group SNS Reaal Société Générale Sodexo Sompo Japan Sony Sprint Nextel Stagecoach Group Standard Chartered Starwood Hotels Statoil Stora Enso Sumitomo Electric Industries (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Group Sun Microsystems Syngenta Talisman Tata Group Taylor Wimpey Telecom Italia Telefónica TeliaSonera Tesco Timberland Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tom's of Maine Tomkins Toshiba Total UBS Unilever United Technologies Vale Vattenfall Verizon Vodafone Volvo Group Westpac Weyerhaeuser Whitbread Wolseley WPP Xerox Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata) Yara Yell Group
Author: Nicky Black, University of Waikato
From 2006 to 2009, Nicky Black studied corporate citizenship in the oil and gas sector in Myanmar…The resulting PhD thesis, ‘Blood Money. A Grounded Theory of Corporate Citizenship’...describes the drivers for more ‘responsible’ corporate engagement...
- Related in-depth areas: Academic Myanmar
- Related companies: Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Daewoo International (part of Posco) Essar Group GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Nippon Oil Nobel Oil (Russia) ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Petronas Premier Oil PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Sinopec Sputnik Petroleum Total Unocal (part of Chevron)