Prevenção e Solução de Conflitos
Related stories and components
Guiding engagement on business and human rights in Syria: The launch of a toolbox for human rights defenders
Author: The Syrian Legal Development Programme
The Syrian conflict saw countless international crimes and human rights abuses, including the use of chemical weapons, torture, forced displacement, indiscriminate and targeted attacks on civilians, and abuse of property rights. Businesses operatin...
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders
Author: Fundación Ideas para la Paz, FIP (Colombia)
“Las empresas y su participación en el esclarecimiento de la verdad”-20 de mayo de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre conflicto y paz
Colombia: Main coal export companies release a joint statement condemning death threats and attacks against Human Rights Defenders
Author: Drummond, CNR, Cerrejon Coal & Prodeco
“Joint Press Release from Coal Exporting Companies against Threats”- May 16, 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Extractives Natural Resources Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Colombia Natural Resources, CNR (part of Murray Energy) Drummond Glencore Murray Energy Prodeco (part of Glencore)
Liberia: Government drafts guidelines for free, prior & informed consent to curb land conflicts between local communities & businesses
Author: FrontPage Africa
"Liberia: Government Drafts Guidelines for Free, Prior Informed Consent", 21 May 2019....
Author: XV Acampamento Terra Livre, Articulação do Povos Indígenas do Brasil (APIB), Mobilização Nacional Indígena (MNI), (Brazil)
“A Articulação dos Povos Indígenas do Brasil (Apib) e a Mobilização Nacional Indígena do Brasil (MNI) divulgaram o texto base do ATL 2019, um guia político que reflete as discussões dos povos indígenas desde as aldeias até a capital federal”, 24 de...
NGO report finds that most conflict in eastern Dem. Rep. of Congo not related to mining, warns that responsible sourcing initiatives could negatively impact local community
The Danish Institute for International Studies and the International Peace Information Service (IPIS) released an updated report and webpage analyzing 10 years' worth of data relating to conflict and artisanal mining in Eastern DRC. The findings...
Author: Comissão Pastoral da Terra (CPT)
Na 33ª edição do relatório anual da CPT “Conflitos no Campo Brasil 2018”, o texto de análise geral destes conflitos...[é]....de autoria do professor Carlos Walter Porto-Gonçalves e seus colegas do LEMTO / UFF...[O]s conflitos no campo (terra, água,...
- Related companies: Nestlé
Peru: Interview with the national leader of Organization of Indigenous and Amazonian Women analyses community conflicts caused by extractive companies’ actions
[Excerpt translation from Spanish provided by Business and Human Rights Resource Centre]...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: China Minmetals Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals)