Prevención y resolución de conflictos
Related stories and components
Author: Fundación Ideas para la Paz, FIP (Colombia)
“Las empresas y su participación en el esclarecimiento de la verdad”-20 de mayo de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre conflicto y paz
Colombia: Main coal export companies release a joint statement condemning death threats and attacks against Human Rights Defenders
Author: Drummond, CNR, Cerrejon Coal & Prodeco
“Joint Press Release from Coal Exporting Companies against Threats”- May 16, 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Extractives Natural Resources Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Colombia Natural Resources, CNR (part of Murray Energy) Drummond Glencore Murray Energy Prodeco (part of Glencore)
Liberia: Government drafts guidelines for free, prior & informed consent to curb land conflicts between local communities & businesses
Author: FrontPage Africa
"Liberia: Government Drafts Guidelines for Free, Prior Informed Consent", 21 May 2019....
Author: XV Acampamento Terra Livre, Articulação do Povos Indígenas do Brasil (APIB), Mobilização Nacional Indígena (MNI), (Brazil)
“A Articulação dos Povos Indígenas do Brasil (Apib) e a Mobilização Nacional Indígena do Brasil (MNI) divulgaram o texto base do ATL 2019, um guia político que reflete as discussões dos povos indígenas desde as aldeias até a capital federal”, 24 de...
NGO report finds that most conflict in eastern Dem. Rep. of Congo not related to mining, warns that responsible sourcing initiatives could negatively impact local community
The Danish Institute for International Studies and the International Peace Information Service (IPIS) released an updated report and webpage analyzing 10 years' worth of data relating to conflict and artisanal mining in Eastern DRC. The findings...
Author: Al Jazeera
"Is oil money fuelling war in South Sudan?" 6 April 2019....
Canada: Facebook bans far-right commentator & white nationalist groups under its 'dangerous individuals & organizations' policy
Author: Kathleen Harris, CBC News (Canada)
"Facebook bans Faith Goldy and 'dangerous' alt-right groups", 8 Apr 2019...
- Related stories: Facebook bans content related to white nationalism & separatism after pressure from civil rights groups
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Facebook Twitter