Prevención y resolución de conflictos
Related stories and components
Author: Hector Igbikowubo, Vanguard [Nigeria]
The Nigerian subsidiary of the Anglo/Dutch oil giant; Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), and representative of the Ogoni, Movement for the Survival of Ogoni People (MOSOP), have made commitments to a structured process of reconciliation,...
- Related companies: Shell
[PDF] [news release] Human Rights Watch Report on AngloGold Ashanti's Activities in the DRC [Dem. Rep. of Congo] [also includes 31 May 2005 letter from AngloGold Ashanti to Human Rights Watch regarding report]
Author: AngloGold Ashanti
In investigating and reporting on AngloGold Ashanti’s activities in the Ituri region of the DRC, the report alleges that, through its presence in the region, AngloGold Ashanti gave tacit support to militia groups and, in doing this, acted...
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti
Author: Daniel Balint-Kurti, Associated Press
ChevronTexaco's Nigerian subsidiary said Tuesday it would overhaul its aid projects in the country's oil-rich south after finding much of the tens of millions of dollars spent yearly was fueling violence and wasted by corruption. [also refers to Shell]
This nonpartisan conference will bring together a diverse and select group of current and former heads of state, business leaders, noteworthy academicians, and key NGO representatives to participate in a series of dynamic interactive workshops. The...
- Related stories: Bill Clinton plans private summit on global woes
Author: Commission for Africa
Author: Corporate Engagement Project
Total Sudan joined the Corporate Engagement Project in December 2004. Also in December, CEP signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Total Sudan, agreeing to work with the company to ensure that, as it opens operations, it does do in ways that are...
- Related companies: Total
Author: Alexandra Polier, Newsweek International
[A] less-known catalyst for peace lay under the combatant's feet—-oil...According to a source familiar with Sudan's long conflict, it is no accident that the government and its longtime enemy, the Southern People's Liberation Army (SPLA), began serious...
- Related companies: China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
Author: Escola de Cultura de Pau (UAB), Instituto Persona, Empresa y Sociedad, ESADE
Este Boletín electrónico mensual ofrece una selección de las noticias e iniciativas más importantes sobre Empresa y Derechos Humanos a escala internacional y, en especial, de aquello que acontece en España y América Latina...[se refiere a BHP Billiton,...
Author: John Bray, political risk specialist, Control Risks Group
In the worst cases, companies can inadvertently fuel the structural causes of the conflict, undermining prospects for recovery. However, by presenting a vision of a different kind of future, where personal success comes from entrepreneurial initiative...
- Related in-depth areas: Academic Construction & engineering Finance Post-conflict reconstruction and reconciliation
- Related companies: Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Alstom ANZ Bank Arab Bank AT&T Banco Comercial Portugues Bank Austria Creditanstalt Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Bechtel BP Cable and Wireless Celtel China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Compaq (part of HP) Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Ericsson ExxonMobil France Telecom (now Orange) Halliburton HP (Hewlett-Packard) HVB Hyatt ING JPMorgan Chase KBR Louis Berger Millicom Mitsui MTN National Grid ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Orascom Petronas Portugal Telecom Royal Bank of Canada RZB Group Sanpaolo IMI (part of Intesa Sanpaolo) Scottish and Southern Energy Shell Siemens Stanbic Bank Standard Bank Standard Chartered Talisman (part of Repsol) Telenor Telstra Unocal (part of Chevron) Vodacom