Headquarters in United Kingdom
Author: Amanda Lee, South China Morning Post (Hong Kong)
… Speaking publicly for the first time about the summer of unrest, HSBC chairman Mark Tucker said Hong Kong thrived because of its stability, resilience and rule of law....
Response from PwC re allegation it is profiting from Trump Administration's anti-immigrant practices
PwC divested its public sector business in 2018 and does not perform work for US Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- Related stories: USA: Govt. contractors accused of profiting from separation & detention of migrant & asylum seeking families
- This is a response from the following companies: PricewaterhouseCoopers
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
UK: Lack of sanctions for co's risks making "mockery" of gender pay gap reporting system, critics warn
Author: Caelainn Barr and Frances Perraudin, The Guardian (UK)
"Lack of sanctions 'makes a mockery' of gender pay gap reports", 28 Feb 2019...
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited PwC to respond, it did not.
- Related stories: Major news organisations and business leaders withdraw from Saudi investment conference over missing journalist
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- This is a non response from the following companies: PricewaterhouseCoopers
USA: Govt. contractors accused of profiting from separation & detention of migrant & asylum seeking families
In May 2018, the Trump administration announced that it would increase prosecutions of migrants and asylum seekers crossing the US-Mexico border and implemented a “zero tolerance” policy intended to deter new migrants with the threat of jail sentences...
Roundtable addresses need for improved corporate governance by investors, CEOs & business networks to end slavery in supply chains; incl. contribution by BHRRC
Author: Joanna Radeke and Tammi L. Coles, Corporate Knights
Slavery remains a disturbing reality of the world's labour markets. In the private sector especially, some 16 million people are enslaved – forced to work in sectors as diverse as agriculture, construction and the cosmetics industry. And while cases...
Author: PNUD Brasil/OIT Brasil
"Fórum Global debate papel do setor privado na promoção da igualdade de gênero no trabalho-IV Fórum Global de Empresas pela Igualdade de Gênero começa hoje no Chile com representantes de mais de 25 países.", 27 de Fevereiro de 2018...