Related stories and components
Author: Global Rights
Learning module for civil society organizations in Sub-Saharan Africa on access to remedy for business-related human rights abuses: the broader system, and business-centered mechanisms. [Refers to Freeport-McMoran]
- Related stories: Global Rights presentation to NGOs in Sub-Saharan Africa on access to remedy for business-related human rights abuses
- Related in-depth areas: Général General non-judicial mechanisms Latest news on UNGPs
- Related companies: Freeport-McMoRan
Author: Jennifer Kho, Guardian Sustainable Business
The launch of the third version of the Equator Principles calls on banks to consider human rights risks, Citi's Shawn Miller [managing director of environmental and social risk management] tells Jennifer Kho what this means for project developers.....
Author: Judith Schönsteiner, Centro de Derechos Humanos, Universidad Diego Portales (Chile)
El estudio [próximamente en español] “Desafíos para Inversionistas Chilenos. Los Efectos de las Directrices de la OCDE para Empresas Multinacionales. Una visión práctica”…por…Judith Schönsteiner…discute las ventajas y los desafíos de la mediación como...
- Related stories: Chile: Estudio sobre implementación de directrices OCDE destaca desafíos en materia de derechos humanos y empresas basado en caso de pesquera Cermaq
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
- Related companies: Cermaq Mainstream (part of Cermaq)
Author: Stephanie Lomax, Herbert Smith Freehills
Soft law…can provide…guidance on how to incorporate human rights practices into business models...[N]ational contracting agencies may increasingly take into account human rights factors when assessing bids…Furthermore, some states already seek to...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
Author: Amnesty International UK
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited UK Export Finance (UKEF) to respond. UKEF's response is provided below] [The] eagerness [of UKEF] to help secure new overseas contracts for British companies often comes at the expense of human...
Author: Equator Principles
Equator Principles (EP) Association Members have given overwhelming support to EP III...The vote in favour of EP III means that from 4 June 2013 more deals will be assessed under a strengthened environmental and social risk management framework. The EP...
- Related stories: Financial institutions adopt Equator Principles III to strength environmental & social risk management framework
- Related companies: ING
Author: Intl. Corporate Accountability Roundtable
On April 23rd, ICAR and the Human Rights Institute at Georgetown University Law Center hosted the UN Working Group (WG) on...[business &] human rights...as part of its country mission to the United States...ICAR invited leading representatives from...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs Latest news on UNWG
- Related companies: Advanced Micro Devices Barclays CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Gazprom General Electric Google (part of Alphabet) HP (Hewlett-Packard) Lukoil Microsoft Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Rosneft Sinopec Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Gaining Ground? Report sheds light on demand for accountability amid resistance to land deals in Africa
Author: International Institute for Environment & Development [UK]
People who feel wronged by large scale land deals in Africa are taking a variety of steps to seek justice, according to new research that examines the accountability of public authorities that preside over such deals and asks whether legal empowerment...
- Related stories: Africa: Report examines redress options for communities negatively impacted by commercial land deals
- Related in-depth areas: Commentaries
Author: Robin Llewellyn, Intercontinental Cry
The Ngäbe and Buglé peoples are holding protests…to highlight the Panamanian government's non-compliance with peace accords that ended last year's deadly protests. [They]…claim the state has failed to compensate victims…and has allowed the continued...
- Related stories: Panama: Indigenous peoples resume protests over continued construction of Barro Blanco dam
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: FMO