Related stories and components
Press release: Draft of updated Equator Principles (EP III) released for stakeholder consultation and public comment
Author: Equator Principles
The Equator Principles (EP) Association today releases the draft of the updated Equator Principles (EP III) for stakeholder consultation and public comment. The EP is a risk framework for identifying, assessing, and managing environmental and social...
[PDF] Report of the Working Group on the issue of human rights and transnational corporations and other business enterprises [to UN General Assembly]
Author: UN Working Group on business & human rights
The present report provides an analysis of strategic developments in the field of business and human rights since the submission of the report to the Human Rights Council and further outlines projects that the Working Group will develop...This report...
Author: Robert Goodland, for Ikv Pax Christi
…If the principles of conservation of natural and social capital, reducing risk, deepening democracy, and exercising caution are to be given priority, now might not be the best time to encourage investment in the mining sector. Further work needs to...
- Related in-depth areas: Conflict & peace Informe de Cinep sobre mineria en Colombia, octubre de 2012 Mining
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Eco Oro Minerals (formerly Greystar Resources) Glencore Gran Colombia Gold Greystar Resources Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Equator Principles
The Equator Principles (EP) Association released the draft of the updated Equator Principles (EP III) on 13 August 2012 for stakeholder consultation and public comment. The consultation period will continue until Friday 12 October 2012. Key themes and...
- Related in-depth areas: UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
Author: Bureau de l’Ambassadeur en charge de la bioéthique et de la responsabilité sociale des entreprises, Ministère des Affaires Etrangères et Européennes
...[L]'apport de la pensée française a été en particulier de faire évoluer l’approche empirique de la RSE [Responsabilité Sociale des Entreprises], où les acteurs économiques prennent spontanément des initiatives responsables sur la base de principes...
[PDF] Accountability Resource Guide: Tools for Redressing Human Rights & Environmental Violations by International Financial Institutions, Export Promotion Agencies & Private Corporate Actors
Author: Accountability Counsel
The purpose of this Guide is to provide information for people who are, or who may be, harmed by projects sponsored by: international financial institutions...export credit agencies, or...private multi-national corporations...This Guide is intended to...
Author: Singapore Management University Asian Peace-building and Rule of Law Programme ("SMU-APRL") & Mazars Indonesia
The following submission is in response to the Institute for Human Rights and Business...& Shift’s public call for comments on its proposed discussion paper relating to the oil and gas sector for the European Commission’s consideration......
- Related stories: ExxonMobil lawsuit (re Aceh) Total lawsuit in Belgium (re Myanmar) Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Guidance for 3 sectors developed for European Commission - 2012
- Related companies: Bursa Malaysia Chevron ExxonMobil Freeport-McMoRan Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) PTT Shell Singapore Exchange Total Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Bruno Manser Fund
The six Penan communities of Long Lutin, Long Pakan, Long Lilim, Ba Abang, Long Kawi and Long Item...
- Related stories: Malaysia: Indigenous communities call on Sarawak Energy CEO to cease work on Baram mega dam saying it would displace 20,000 people
- Related companies: Sarawak Energy
[DOC] Analysis of the Petroleum (Exploration,Development and Production) Bill, 2012 and the Petroleum (Refining, Gas Processing and Conversion, Transportation and Storage) Bill, 2012 [Uganda]
Author: Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
[The OHCHR has analysed the two oil bills in Uganda and highlighted key human rights concerns including] lack of provisions for compliance by licensees to respect human rights and insufficient requirements for permit holders and licensees to assess,...
Burma Environmental Working Group Issues Benchmarks for Investment in Energy, Extractive and Land Sectors in Burma
Author: Burma Environmental Working Group
Today, the Burma Environmental Working Group (BEWG)...issues its Benchmarks for Investment in Burma’s Energy, Extractive and Land Sectors to serve as a framework for responsible investment in critical sectors in Burma. The release of the benchmarks...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace