Related stories and components
Author: China Banking Regulatory Commission
…[The] CBRC has formulated the Green Credit Guidelines for the purpose of encouraging banking institutions to, by focusing on green credit, actively adjust credit structure, effectively fend off environmental and social risks, better serve the real...
- Related stories: Notice of the CBRC on Issuing the Green Credit Guidelines [China]
- Related in-depth areas: Business tools and guidance Chinese Investment Overseas: Guidance by government, business, civil society
Author: Canadian Mining Journal
The latest report from the Mining Association of Canada points toward the steady progress on corporate social responsibility made by Canadian mining, oil and gas companies in developing countries...The report was commissioned by MAC's International...
Author: ComunicaRSE [Argentina]
ComunicaRSE entrevistó a Constanza Gorleri, Gerente de Responsabilidad Social Corporativa de Banco Galicia. La inclusión financiera, el desarrollo sustentable de los proveedores, la nueva metodología para enriquecer los indicadores de impacto de la...
Author: Banco Santander
…[Sobre su comunicación al] buzón de Responsabilidad Social Corporativa de Banco Santander solicitando aclaración sobre una supuesta participación del Banco como entidad financiadora de un proyecto eólico en Oaxaca, México…[Es] política de Banco...
- Related stories: México: Organizaciones sociales denuncian abusos de derechos humanos alrededor de proyecto eólico de Demex, financiado por varios bancos
- This is a response from the following companies: Banco Espírito Santo
[PDF] Business & Human Rights in Southeast Asia: Recommendations on thematic priorities and possible activities for the UN Working Group
Author: Singapore Management Univ. Asian Peace-building and Rule of Law Programme, and Mazars
First, it is necessary…for the principles set out in the UN ‘Protect, Remedy and Respect’ Framework (‘UN Framework’) and the GPs [Guiding Principles] to be embedded into the shared…norms and values that are being formulated to apply across ASEAN,...
Author: Norwegian National Contact Point for the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Entreprises
The Norwegian-owned Mindoro Nickel Project in the Philippines should consult a broader group of indigenous peoples and be more transparent about adverse environmental impacts, concludes the OECD National Contact Point (NCP) Norway...Intex has conducted...
- Related stories: Norwegian Contact Point says Intex Resources does “not act in accordance with OECD Guidelines” - should expand consultation with indigenous peoples & be more transparent about environmental impacts
- Related in-depth areas: Europe & Central Asia General State-based
- Related companies: Intex Resources
CEDHA Files Equator Principles Due Diligence Review to US EXIM Bank and EDC of Canada on Barrick’s Pascua Lama Project [Argentina/Chile]
Author: CEDHA (Center for Human Rights and Environment)
The Center for Human Rights and Environment (CEDHA), along with several local and international groups presented today an Equator Principles Due Diligence Review to two export credit agencies [Ex-Im Bank (USA) and Export Development Canada (EDC)]...
Author: Mehrdad Nazari , Prizma
BankTrack notes that voluntary initiatives from banks have an important role to play, “provided such initiatives are not mere window dressing but a sincere attempt to deal with the pressing social and environmental challenges faced by banks, people and...
The Equator Principles Association hosts its largest ever annual meeting, launches the biodiversity for banks program and contribute to the IFC's community of learning
Author: Equator Principles
The Equator Principles (EP) Association held its largest ever Annual Meeting on 24 October 2011 in Washington DC. Equator Principles Financial Institutions (EPFIs) and Associates discussed and debated numerous important topics related to the EP III...
Author: Jaya Ramachandran, International News Magazine [Australia]
A new study is asking the European Parliament, European Union member states and European civil society organizations to push for regulatory measures targeted at Europe-based companies engaged in oil exploration in sub-Saharan Africa...The study follows...
- Related stories: European Union should introduce new measures to combat oil spills by European companies in Sub-Saharan Africa, Chatham House report recommends
- Related companies: BP Chevron