Geneva Conventions / Humanitarian law
Related stories and components
Banking giant HSBC divests from Israeli arms manufacturer following pressure from human rights campaigners
Author: War on Want
Human rights campaigners have declared a victory as global banking giant HSBC confirmed that it has divested completely from Israeli weapons manufacturer Elbit Systems after a year of campaign pressure. Elbit Systems is one of Israel’s largest arms...
- Related stories: NGO: British financial institutions complicit in Israeli war crimes
- Related companies: Elbit Systems HSBC
HRW: US Congress should reject legislation that would punish companies for ceasing business ties with illegal Israeli settlements
Author: Omar Shakir, Human Rights Watch
"Don’t Punish US Companies That Help End Abuses in the West Bank", 18 December 2018...
Author: Amnesty International (France)
« Israël. La licence de NSO Group doit être annulée à la suite de la vente d’un logiciel de surveillance controversé », 28 novembre 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos sur les défenseurs des droits de l'homme Technology and Human Rights
- Related companies: NSO Group
Author: AFP et France 24
« Cisjordanie : Airbnb se retire des colonies, colère d'Israël », 20 novembre 2018...
- Related companies: Airbnb
NGOs call on UN High Commissioner for Human Rights to publish database of businesses with activities related to Israeli settlements in Occupied Palestinian Territories
"100 Palestinian, Regional and International Organisations Call on High Commissioner for Human Rights to Publish the UN Database on Business Enterprises with Activities Related to Israeli Settlements in the OPT ", 27 Nov 2018...
Author: AFP et France 24
« Lafarge en Syrie : des femmes yazidies se portent parties civiles », 30 novembre 2018...
- Related stories: 2 ONG poursuivent le cimentier Lafarge en France pour financement présumé du groupe terroriste Daech et complicité de crimes de guerre en Syrie
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques
- Related companies: Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim
Airbnb to remove listings in illegal Israeli settlements, HRW calls on other tourism companies to follow suit
In November 2018, Airbnb announced that property listings in Israeli settlements would be removed from its website. The decision came a day before Human Rights Watch (HRW) published a report claiming that travel sites like Airbnb and Booking.com help...
Author: Mustafa Abu Sneineh, Middle East Eye (UK)
"Quakers first UK church to boycott companies profiting from Israeli occupation", 19 November 2018...
Lundin Petroleum’s executives could be held individually accountable in Sweden for corporate atrocity crimes in So. Sudan, say experts
Author: Miriam Ingeson, Uppsala University & Alexandra Lily Kather, European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights, on EJIL: Talk!
"The Road Less Traveled: How Corporate Directors Could be Held Individually Liable in Sweden for Corporate Atrocity Crimes Abroad", 13 Nov 2018...
- Related stories: Sweden authorises indictment of Lundin Oil executives over alleged complicity in war crimes in So. Sudan; co. denies allegations
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Lundin Petroleum