Guidelines prepared by a govt
Related stories and components
Author: Brian Ho, CSR Asia
Shenzhen Stock Exchange (SZSE) released a three-page document on 7 June entitled "Instructions for Listed Companies on Social Responsibility (Draft for Comments)", which asked listed companies to implement good CSR practices and become model businesses...
Author: Agence France Presse
Malaysia and Indonesia have signed a deal which will offer better protection from abuse for Indonesian maids. Under the agreement employers will be required to sign personal contracts with their maids stipulating the wages agreed upon by both parties....
The 2006 Interim Report of the UN Special Representative on Human Rights and Transnational Corporations: Breakthrough or Further Polarization?
Author: Dr. Karsten Nowrot, Transnational Economic Law Research Center, Faculty of Law, Martin Luther University (Germany)
[T]he presumably intentionally employed harsh language used [in the Interim Report] in qualifying the Norms [UN Norms on the Responsibility of Transnational Corporations and Other Business Enterprises with Regard to Human Rights] as “a distraction”...
Author: Responsible Investment Working Group, Univ. of Toronto
The key planks of the recommendations follow... · Advisory Committee on Responsible Investment (ACRI): Create a permanent committee of faculty members, students, alumni and administrators to propose non-binding recommendations to UTAM [University of...
- Related stories: Canada: Univ. of Toronto student activists launch national campaign to promote consideration of human rights & environmental issues in university investments
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Best Buy ExxonMobil General Mills Lockheed Martin PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation)
Author: Fair Labor Association
The FLA's 2005 Annual Public Report provides the public with an impartial, detailed look into what 28 diverse companies have done in the past year to improve the working conditions in the factories where they produce around the world. [refers to Fair...
- Related stories: Fair Labor Association annual report finds more violations at apparel & footwear suppliers, but says rise may be due to better monitoring
- Related companies: Commemorative Brands (part of American Achievement) Cutter & Buck Drew Pearson Marketing (part of Mainland Headwear) Eddie Bauer Gap GEAR for Sports Gildan Activewear Global Accessories Herff Jones Jostens Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mainland Headwear Marks & Spencer MBI New Era Cap Nike Nordstrom Otto Outdoor Cap Oxford Industries Patagonia Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Reebok (part of adidas) Riddell Russell (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Twins Enterprise VF Corp Zephyr-Graf-X
Government Response to the Fourteenth Report of the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Trade: Mining in Developing Countries – Corporate Social Responsibility
Author: Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs & International Trade
[refers to TVI (Toronto Ventures Inc.) Pacific]
- Related companies: TVI (Toronto Ventures Incorporated) Pacific
Author: Ministère des Affaires étrangères & du Commerce international du Canada
[fait référence à TVI (Toronto Ventures Inc.) Pacific]
- Related companies: TVI Pacific (Toronto Ventures Incorporated)
Author: International Textile, Garment & Leather Worker's Federation
...Neil Kearney, General Secretary of...The International Textile, Garment and Leather Worker's Federation, said the Hudson's Bay Company was assisting China's policy setting watchdog, the China National Textile and Apparel Council, in creating and...
- Related companies: Hudson's Bay