Guidelines prepared by NGOs
Related stories and components
The UN Guiding Principles Reporting Database was developed by Shift in support of the UN Guiding Principles Reporting Framework, a joint initiative of Shift and Mazars...The UN Guiding Principles Reporting Database shows what companies say about how...
Safe and enabling operating environment is important for both human rights defenders and businesses, says ISHR's director
Author: Phil Lynch, Director, International Service for Human Rights
"Business and human rights defenders: A safe and enabling operating environment for all", 10 Dec 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and human rights - advances by business
- Related companies: adidas Coca-Cola DLA Piper Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer Microsoft Tiffany
Author: Jane Nelson, Harvard Kennedy School & Zahid Torres-Rahman, Business Fights Poverty
"Business and the sustainable development goals", 30 Sep 2015 ...
Author: Colleen Theron, CLT Envirolaw
- Related stories: UK passes landmark Modern Slavery Act into law
Concerns about aggressive monetising techniques & data collection through children's smartphone games
Author: Duncan Jefferies, Guardian Sustainable Business (UK)
"Responsibilities of the gaming industry in protecting children's rights", 27 Jul 2015...
Author: Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) & Intl. Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) have just published the second edition of the Addressing security and human rights challenges in complex environments Toolkit....
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: BP Tenke Fungurume (joint venture Freeport-McMoRan, Lundin, Gécamines)
NGO provides guidance on how apparel brands can act collectively to raise factory wages while complying with EU competition law
So. Africa: Centre for Applied Legal Studies produces journalist's guide on proposed binding treaty on business & human rights
Author: Lee-Anne Bruce, Centre for Applied Legal Studies
'Journalist guide to Ecuador treaty', 22 Jun 2015:…In June 2014, Ecuador and South Africa sponsored a resolution of the UN Human Rights Council calling for a binding treaty on business and human rights. The binding treaty would provide minimum...