Guidelines prepared by NGOs
Related stories and components
Briefing note by retailers, conservation & human rights groups sets out steps to end long-term threat of illegal fishing
Author: Rebecca Smithers, Guardian (UK)
Author: Access to Justice Project
“The EU’s business: recommended actions for the EU and its member states to ensure access to judicial remedy for business-related human rights impacts,” Dec 2014...
Author: Intl. Tourism Partnership
Report: "Going out, but going green?" Assessing the Implementation of China's Green Credit Guidelines overseas
Author: Friends of Earth & BankTrack
This study presents seven case studies of Chinese bank financing for overseas investments: China Development Bank’s financing of the Stanari coal project in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Golden Veroleum palm oil plantation in Liberia and APP in...
- Related stories: "Going Out, But Going Green? Assessing the Implementation of China's Green Credit Guidelines overseas"
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese Investment Overseas
- Related companies: Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Bank of China China Construction Bank China Development Bank China Merchants Bank China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Railway Construction Dongfang Electric Petroecuador Sinar Mas Group Sinohydro Sinopec Tongling Nonferrous Metals
BSR working paper commissioned by Microsoft on stakeholder engagement in human rights due diligence for ICT companies
This working paper....was commissioned and funded by Microsoft’s Technology and Human Rights Center, though all final content decisions were made by BSR. The purpose of this paper is to address the challenges faced by information and communications...
- Related stories: BSR paper discusses how technology companies should engage with rights holders
- Related in-depth areas: Information technology
- Related companies: Microsoft
The Walk Free Foundation has launched a practical guide on concrete guidelines for companies, businesses and governments who want to eliminate the risk of forced labour and slavery in their supply chains. The guide seeks to fill the current gap of...
Traidcraft policy advisor analyses how responsible purchasing by UK companies can improve working conditions & standard of living for farmers & workers in our food supply chain
Author: Fiona Gooch, Traidcraft on Ethical Trading Initiative blog
"Who bears the cost of cheap food?", 1 Sep 2014 ...