Guidelines prepared by NGOs
Related stories and components
Intl. Tourism Partnership develops guidance materials to help hoteliers understand & address trafficking
The International Tourism Partnership, an initiative bringing together international hotel companies to work on social and environmental responsibility, has produced materials to help hoteliers understand and address the issue of trafficking. The mate...
New good practice note endorsed by UN Global Compact Working Group: "Organizing the Human Rights Function within a Company"
Author: Rachel Davis & David Kovick (Shift), UN Global Compact
"Organizing the Human Rights Function within a Company: A Good Practice Noted endorsed by the United Nations Global Compact Human Rights and Labour Working Group on 15 May 2014", 15 May 2014...
[PDF] Challenges and opportunities of the UNGPs for NGO campaigning and investors’ active ownership strategies [Copenhagen, 30 Jun]
Author: CSR Forum, Intl. Commission on Jurists
At the event, experts from The Pedagogues’ Pension Fund, IFU, EKF, ActionAid Denmark, CARE and the Danish Institute for Human Rights will discuss the status of the use of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights in relation to responsible...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
This tool is intended to help companies report and communicate on how they are respecting and supporting children’s rights. The tool is aligned with the other UNICEF tools for corporate social responsibility and provides guidance notes for each of the...
- Related stories: UNICEF releases new tools for business on children's rights
- Related in-depth areas: Business tools and guidance Latest news on Children
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The Coalition of Immokalee Workers (CIW) and allied groups have campaigned for several years for Ahold, which owns the US supermarket chains Giant, Martin's Food Markets and Stop & Shop, and the online grocery retailer Peapod, to join the Fair Food...
- Related stories: USA: Fair Food Coalition urges Ahold, Publix, Wendy's & others to sign pact on tomato farm workers' rights
- Related companies: Ahold Delhaize Giant Food (part of Ahold Delhaize) KFC (part of YUM!) McDonald's Taco Bell (part of YUM!) Trader Joe's (part of Aldi Nord) Walmart Whole Foods Market YUM!
Author: Info Birmanie
Ce guide entend aider les entreprises souhaitant investir en Birmanie à mettre en œuvre une politique cohérente de responsabilité sociale et environnementale. Selon Info Birmanie, les entreprises françaises qui souhaitent investir en Birmanie, doivent...
Author: UN Global Compact
On International Anti-Corruption Day, business and other stakeholders called for anti-corruption and good governance to be included as fundamental pillars of the post-2015 development agenda, and reaffirmed a Call to Action to create enabling...
- Related stories: UN, NGOs and companies launch guide for companies on fighting corruption in sport sponsorship
- Related companies: Coca-Cola
The influence of a button on working conditions: WellMade shows brand employees how to improve conditions for factory workers
Author: Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations (SOMO)
WellMade, an initiative by Fair Wear Foundation (FWF), SOMO and others, shows European brand employees the impact of their decisions and offers them practical guidance to help improve working conditions along the supply chain...WellMade provides people...
Author: ITU & UNICEF
The draft Guidelines for Industry on Child Online Protection have been prepared in the context of the International Telecommunication Union’s Child Online Protection (ITU COP) initiative and apply to the safety of children when using Information and...
- Related stories: UNICEF & ITU release guidelines for information & communications technology sector on protecting children online
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children