ILO Declaration on fundamental principles & rights at work
Related stories and components
Author: Dilberto Trujillo Dussán, Investigador Empresas y Derechos Humanos, RIDH (Suiza)
…[La] Comisión Europea…dice…que la Responsabilidad Social Empresarial (RSE) puede contribuir a conseguir objetivos como el de “mayor respeto a los derechos humanos…y unas normas laborales básicas.”…[y que la] “responsabilidad social de las empresas ...
Author: UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office
On 4 Sep 2013, the UK Govt. released its National Action Plan to implement the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights. The action plan "embodies [the UK's] commitment to protect human rights by helping UK companies understand and manage...
- Related stories: UK launches national action plan to implement UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Implementación por parte de gobiernos: ejemplos y herramientas > Recomendaciones de la sociedad civil Latest news on UNGPs Recommandations par la société civile aux gouvernements
Author: Dilberto Trujillo Dussán, RIDH (Suiza)
Hoy que el mundo es cada día más global y que el mercado…[pone] las reglas de juego…se hace necesario de manera urgente elaborar normas que protejan a los ciudadanos, consumidores, trabajadores y pueblos indígenas de los abusos que puedan surgir de la...
Author: Colombian Caravana UK Lawyers Group and Bar Human Rights Committee (UK)
…Cerrejón…[part of Anglo American, BHP Billiton and Xstrata] is one of the largest open-cast coal mines in the world. However since beginning operations, it has been accused of infringing the rights of local people, including indigenous groups...
- Related stories: Colombia: British lawyers file an intervention in a class action against Cerrejon in Colombia’s court - aimed at “protecting human and environmental rights”
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: The Protection Project, Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies (USA)
The Protection Project at The Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies organized a two-day conference (June 19-20, 2013) on “Corporate Social Responsibility in the Middle East,” bringing together business representatives, law...
Author: Ahram (Egypt)
The International Labour Organisation (ILO) has short-term blacklisted Egypt citing the government violates the workers’ freedom standards... Al-Ahram added that ILO’s experts committee on Egypt has received several complaints submitted by the country...
- Related stories: ILO blacklists Egypt due to receding workers' freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association
Author: Stephanie Lomax, Herbert Smith Freehills
Soft law…can provide…guidance on how to incorporate human rights practices into business models...[N]ational contracting agencies may increasingly take into account human rights factors when assessing bids…Furthermore, some states already seek to...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
[PDF] Calling for Corporate Accountability: A Guide to the 2011 OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises
Author: OECD Watch
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Glencore, POSCO, Shell, Statkraft and Ratiopharm to respond to certain allegations in the guide. Responses provided.] The guide is intended to help you understand how the dispute resolution mechanism...
- Related stories: OECD Watch issues "Calling for Corporate Accountability: A Guide to the 2011 OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises".
- Related in-depth areas: “Calling for Corporate Accountability: A Guide to the 2011 OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises”
- Related companies: Accor Afrimex Airbus Arcelor Mittal BAE Systems BP Cargill Cermaq Continental AG EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) Ecom Agroindustrial Glencore ICT Cotton Intex Resources Louis Dreyfus Nidera Oryx Natural Resources Otto Stadtlander Posco Ratiopharm (part of Teva Pharmaceutical) Rolls-Royce plc Shell Statkraft Vedanta Resources
Author: Organização Internacional do Trabalho (OIT)
...“O diálogo social desempenha um papel fundamental para definir projetos de desenvolvimento social e econômico que assegurem a promoção dos direitos humanos, tanto no interior da empresa quanto no seu entorno”[segundo a]... Diretora do Escritório da...
[PDF] Please vote AGAINST Resolution 1 – The Director’s Annual Report and Accounts at National Express AGM on 9 May 2013
Author: Local Authority Pension Fund Forum; IBT (Intl. Brotherhood of Teamsters) General Fund; UNITE the Union (OSSF and UASPS Funds)
As fellow shareholders of National Express Group...we the undersigned investors are calling for a vote AGAINST Resolution 1 –The Director’s Annual Report and Accounts at the Annual General Meeting to be held on 9 May 2013 to signal the need for...
- Related stories: Union pension funds urge other shareholders to vote against annual report & accounts at National Express annual meeting on 9 May over labour rights concerns at US subsidiaries.
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association USA
- Related companies: National Express