Related stories and components
Author: Intl. Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
"Private military and security companies: Implementation of Montreux document"...
- Related in-depth areas: Montreux Document - a process aimed at governments
Author: Aliou Diouf, Centre de Ressources sur les Entreprises et les Droits de l'Homme, dans Le Quotidien (Sénégal)
Titre dans Le Quotidien, formulé par la rédaction : “Les entreprises de sécurité militaire privées”, 28 juin 2014...
Author: Rebecca DeWinter-Schmitt (American University Washington College of Law) for Private Security Monitor
"A New Twist to Management Standards, Bringing in Human Rights", June 2014...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In relation to reported negative human rights impacts by PMSCs, some continue to occur in areas of conflict or weak governance such as Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia, but we have seen a rising of reports alleging abuses in other regions, especially in...
- Related stories: Blackwater USA lawsuit (re 16 Sep 2007 Baghdad incident) KBR lawsuits (re alleged rapes in Iraq)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Askar Security Services Blackwater Delta Protection Dinant G4S Hi Tan Security InfraVest (part of VWind) KBR Olive Group Orion Security (Honduras) Prosegur Serco UPS VWind
2013 Annual Report of the Government of the United States of America for the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights Initiative
Author: Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor, US Department of State
[Includes a foreword by Sarah Sewall, Under Secretary of State for Civilian Security, Democracy, and Human Rights.] Each member of the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPs) Initiative is expected to report to VPs Initiative...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
Global Policy Forum report on UN use of private military & security companies allegedly involved in human rights abuses
Global Policy Forum reports on UN use of private military & security companies allegedly involved in human rights abuses; responses by Askar Security, Delta Protection & G4S.
On the Horizon - A practical bulletin on what is ahead in the field of business & human rights [PDF]
Author: compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[This issue covers activities from, about, or taking place in Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, China, Cambodia, Colombia, Denmark, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Kenya, Liberia, Myanmar, Malawi, Palestine, Peru, Senegal, Sierra Leone,...
Author: ATS (Agence Télégraphique Suisse)
Le Document de Montreux est un succès, mais il faut gagner l'adhésion de l'Afrique, a déclaré Didier Burkhalter…devant la Conférence internationale Montreux+5. Ce texte lancé par la Suisse en 2008 décrit le droit international applicable aux activités...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos « conflits et paix » Montreux Document - a process aimed at governments
Author: Intl. Committee of the Red Cross
The Montreux+5 Conference will be an opportunity for States and international organizations to share experiences on regulating private military and security companies and look at how to promote the Montreux document on the operations of such companies...