Related stories and components
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited JCB to respond to allegations relating to its involvement in the imminent demolition of Khan al-Ahmar. JCB did not respond
- Related stories: British excavation giant JCB warned about potential violations of international law in the occupied Palestinian territories
- This is a non response from the following companies: JCB
Brazil: Conectas & union ADERE-MG file OECD complaint accusing 6 companies of forced labour in their supply chains
On 21 August, Conectas and ADERE-MG filed a complaint to to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development accusing Nestlé, Jacobs Douwe Egberts, Starbucks, McDonald’s, Dunkin Donuts and Illy of failing to ensure that their coffee is sourc...
Okpabi v Royal Dutch Shell: An opportunity to honour international standards or another instance of corporate impunity?
Author: Gabriela Quijano, Legal Adviser, Amnesty International - International Secretariat
On 14 February 2018, a UK Court of Appeal dismissed the Okpabi v Royal Dutch Shell (RDS or Shell) appeal on the basis that RDS could not be held legally responsible for the actions of its Nigerian subsidiary, the Shell Petroleum Development Company of...
- Related stories: Shell lawsuit (re oil spills & Ogale & Bille communities in Nigeria - Okpabi v Shell)
- Related in-depth areas: Blogs & commentaries Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Shell
Bangladesh: Investor Statement in Support of the Continued Functioning of the Accord to Ensure Bangladesh Factories are Safe for Garment Workers
Author: Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR)
"Investor Statement in Support of the Continued Functioning of the Accord to Ensure Bangladesh Factories are Safe for Garment Workers" 29 August 2018...
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Goldcorp Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Author: Thun Group of Banks
[P]articipants reflected upon the Thun Group's 2017 Paper... The[y] ... agreed that the [...] constructive feedback received from key experts following the meeting facilitated the finalization of the Paper (published in December 2017)......
Author: Consejería Presidencial de Derechos Humanos (Colombia)
“2do Informe de seguimiento del Plan Nacional de Acción de Derechos Humanos y Empresas 2017- 2018”...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on National Action Plans Principios Rectores sobre empresas y derechos humanos Últimas noticias - libertad de asociación Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- This is a response from the following companies: Anglo American Anheuser-Busch InBev Aviatur Bavaria (part of SABMiller) BHP Billiton Brookfield Cemex Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Cerro Matoso (part of South32) Colombia Natural Resources, CNR (part of Murray Energy) Drummond Ecopetrol Fortox Security Group Glencore Grupo Bolívar Grupo Nutresa Isagen (part of Brookfield) Mineros Murray Energy Prodeco (part of Glencore) SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Smurfit Kappa Cartón de Colombia (part of Smurfit Kappa) South32 Telefónica
In June 2018, a group of international, Palestinian, and French NGOs published a report accusing Alstom, Egis Group, and Systra of violating international law due to their involvement in expanding the Jerusalem light rail system. According to the...
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Egis Group to respond to allegations concerning violations of international law, due to its involvement in expanding the Jerusalem light rail system. Egis Group did not respond.
- Related stories: Companies involved in Jerusalem light rail expansion accused of violating international law
- This is a non response from the following companies: Egis Group