UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights
Related stories and components
Call for input: Consultation on human rights revisions to the Global Reporting Initiative standards (deadline: 9 Sep)
Author: Global Reporting Initiative
"GRI consultation on human rights revisions to the GRI Standards"...
New guidance released for states approaching mid-term review & update processes of National Action Plans
Author: Giada Lepore, Beatrice Pesce & Marta Bordignon, Human Rights International Corner (HRIC)
"National Action Plans on B&HR: a guidance for the mid-term review", 15 June...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on National Action Plans
Author: Observatorio de conflictos mineros en el Perú
“Trabajadores de minera MARSA demandan condiciones de trabajo durante emergencia” -22 de junio de 2020-...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (coronavirus): personas trabajadoras de cadenas de suministro Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus): respuesta gubernamental y de las empresas
- Related companies: Minera Aurífera Retamas
45 CSOs underline need for robust EU mandatory due diligence & directors' duties legislation in joint letter to Commissioner Reynders
Author: WWF, ECCJ, Global Witness, ShareAction, BHRRC & 40 others
...We, the undersigned organisations, would like to congratulate you for the very important announcement... that the Commission will propose legislation in 2021 on both corporate due diligence and directors’ duties..., taking into account ongoing...
- Related stories: EU Commissioner for Justice commits to legislation on mandatory due diligence for companies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
NSO Group spyware used against Moroccan journalist after company pledged to respect human rights; incl. company comments
A new investigation led by Amnesty International revales that NSO Group, the Israeli company marketing its technology in the fight against COVID-19, contributed to a sustained campaign by the government of Morocco to spy on Moroccan journalist Omar...
“Presentan demanda de amparo contra monopolio de empresas farmacéuticas” -19 de junio de 2020-...
- Related companies: InRetail Pharma
Companies must honour intl. standards to counter impacts on gender equality & sexual health rights, says DFPA report
Author: The Danish Family Planning Association
“Gender equality and the right to health: A guideline for business”, June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Gender, Business & Human Rights
Author: Responsible Mining Foundation
"Responsible mining in Latin America and the Caribbean? Regional Study 2020 Assessing how mining companies address public interest issues", June 2020...