UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights
Related stories and components
Author: Kathryn Dovey, Institute for Human Rights and Business
The starting point for any conversation and the most important development is that there is now a global standard. The UN “Protect, Respect and Remedy” Framework and the Guiding Principles set the baseline for conversations about corporate...
Author: Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto was one of the first companies to publish a human rights policy and to develop practical human rights guidance for employees…[W]e are evolving our approach to continue to improve our human rights performance…Debra Valentine, Group executive,...
Author: Canadian Human Rights Commission
The Commission believes that respect for human rights is valuable in and of itself, and that widespread respect for these rights is a mark of a healthy, mature and prosperous society. The reality of achieving a human rights culture in the workplace...
Author: Essex Human Rights Review
The special issue will contribute to the discussion on responsibilities of businesses and states in light of the relationship between business and human rights. The EHRR [Essex Human Rights Review] welcomes articles and book reviews examining the...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Author: Francisco Javier Zamora Cabot, Universidad Jaume I de Castellón
Vinculándose con diversas iniciativas de las Naciones Unidas respecto de las empresas multinacionales y los DD.HH…[el Informe…Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights]…enfatiza la obligación de…proveer el acceso a…reparación…haciéndose patente...
- Related stories: Anvil Mining lawsuit (re Dem. Rep. of Congo) Perfil de las demandas judiciales contra Chevron/Texaco por actividades en Ecuador Perfil de las demandas judiciales contra Chiquita por actividades en Colombia Perfil de las demandas judiciales contra Hudbay por actividades en Guatemala Perfil de las demandas judiciales contra la empresa Drummond Perfil de las demandas judiciales contra Shell por actividades en Nigeria Pfizer lawsuit (re Nigeria) Rio Tinto lawsuit (re Papua New Guinea) Talisman lawsuit (re Sudan) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
- Related companies: Barrick Gold Boeing Chevron Chiquita Drummond Emperor Mines Hudbay Minerals Infinito Gold Jeppesen (part of Boeing) Pacific Rim Mining Pfizer Porgera (joint venture Barrick Gold & Mineral Resources Enga) Rio Tinto Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Talisman (part of Repsol) Texaco (part of Chevron)
Author: National Human Rights Commission of the Philippines and the Canadian Human Rights Commission on behalf of the ICC Working Group on Business and Human Rights
This Fact Sheet is intended to promote awareness and engagement of National Human Rights Institutions on business and human rights with a specific focus on women’s and children’s rights.
Author: Gouvernement de la France
Le Comité d'experts devrait :...
Author: Canadian Human Rights Commission in collaboration with the Ghana Commission on Human rights and Administrative Justice, the Scottish Human Rights Commission and the Danish Institute for Human Rights on behalf of the ICC Working Group on Business and Human Rights
This Fact Sheet is intended to promote awareness and engagement of NHRIs [National Human Rights Institutions] on business and human rights issues in the second cycle of the Universal Periodic Review (UPR)
Author: UN Global Compact
The Guiding Principles and the corporate responsibility to respect human rights apply to all business enterprises...and regardless of whether or not a company is a participant of the Global Compact. Businesses aspiring to GC Advanced status are,...
- Related in-depth areas: Business tools and guidance