UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights
Related stories and components
Thun Group of Banks description sets out participating banks' responsibilities & expectations with regard to human rights
Ahead of the Thun Group of Banks' annual meeting in July 2019, you can find a description of the group below. For a report on the group's annual meeting 2018, please see here.
Author: Ana Maria Ovejero
"The Role of the Lawyer in Implementing the Ruggie Principles: 8 Good Practices For Corporate Lawyers", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Author: Regiane Oliveira, El País (Brazil)
"Tragádia da Vale em Brumadinho-O que fazer quando empresas matam-Países têm o desafio de fazer com que grandes corporações, com receitas muitas vezes superiores a PIBs, respeitem os direitos humanos e sejam punidas por suas violações. Legislações,...
- Related stories: Brasil: Novo mar de lama com rompimento de barragens de minérios da Vale mata dezenas e deixa centenas de pessoas desaparecidas, comunidades e meio ambiente destruídos, inclui comentários da Vale
- Related companies: BASF BHP Billiton Odebrecht Samarco (joint venture BHP Billiton and Vale) Shell Vale
Investors representing $1.3 trillion call on govts to make human rights due diligence mandatory throughout investment lifecycle
On 25 March 2019, the Investor Alliance for Human Rights (IAHR) on behalf of a group of investors representing $1.3 trillion in assets called for enhanced investor due diligence to address environmental, social and governance risks, including human...
New report with key elements for companies to navigate changing business & human rights legal landscape
Author: Global Business Initiative & Clifford Chance
"Business and Human Rights: Navigating a Changing Legal Landscape", Mar 2019...
Author: Catie Shavin, Independent Advisor & Anna Triponel, Triponel Consulting
"Leading and Emerging Practice: Challenges and Opportunities for firms implementing the UN Guiding Principles", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Law Firm Business and Human Rights Peer Learning Process
Author: Collective on Chinese Finance and Investment, Human Rights and the Environment (CICDHA)
"China Commits to the United Nations Human Rights Council to Respect Human Rights in its Foreign Investments" 19 March 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas