UN Sustainable Development Goals / Millennium Development Goals
Related stories and components
Author: AccountAbility & Business for Social Responsibility
Corporate responsibility could be one of the keys to the Millennium Development Goals...the pharmaceutical, agriculture, extractives and bank sectors...are the focus of four new sectoral reports "Business and Economic Development" [by AccountAbility ...
- Related stories: How can companies in agriculture, finance, mining & pharmaceuticals best contribute to economic development & poverty alleviation? Reports by AccountAbility & Business for Social Responsibility
- Related companies: Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) Barclays GlaxoSmithKline Pfizer Starbucks Unibanco (now Itaú Unibanco)
The Global Governance Initiative (GGI) of the World Economic Forum aims to monitor progress in the global effort to implement the ambitious social, economic and environmental goals set forth in the United Nations Millennium Declaration and other...
[PDF] Opening remarks - Mary Robinson, Executive Director, Realizing Rights: The Ethical Globalization Initiative & Honorary Chair, Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights (BLIHR) - The 2004 Business and Human Rights Seminar - 9 December 2004, London
Author: Mary Robinson, Executive Director, Ethical Globalization Initiative & Honorary Chair, Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights [former UN High Commissioner for Human Rights]
I think it is increasingly clear that the business and human rights debate is moving now in two directions – both of which are critically important. The first seeks to address a very broad question of principle - the question of what social...
Author: Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights (BLIHR)
The second report of the Business Leaders Initiative on Human Rights (BLIHR) describes the collective and sector-specific work each of the member companies has initiated during 2004. [member companies are ABB, Barclays, Gap, Hewlett-Packard, MTV...
- Related companies: ABB Aventis (now part of Sanofi-Aventis) Barclays BG Group Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) Celestica Cisco Systems Dell EDF Flextronics Gap GlaxoSmithKline HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel Jabil Circuit Merck Microsoft MTV (part of Viacom) MTV Networks Europe (part of Viacom) National Grid Novartis Novo Group Pfizer RWE Sanmina-SCI Sanofi-Aventis SAP Seagate Technology Severn Trent Solectron Sony Statoil Thames Water (part of RWE)
Author: Coca-Cola Africa Foundation
The Foundation's HIV/AIDs report analyzes and documents the impact of HIV/AIDS on our business and the measures we have introduced to help combat this disease.
- Related stories: Ford HIV/AIDS report exemplifies new approach to shareholder activism (also refers to Cinergy, Coca-Cola, General Motors)
- Related companies: Coca-Cola
[PDF] Kathmandu Dalit Declaration - International Consultation on Caste-Based Discrimination - Establishing Dalit Rights in the Contemporary World; the Role of Governments, the United Nations and the Private Sector - November 29 – December 1 2004,...
Author: Participants in the Intl. Consultation on Caste-Based Discrimination
[see in particular: pg. 6, paras. 82-87 ("To the Private Sector including Transnational Corporations"); paras. 29-31, 42, 51, 73, 74, 78; Appendix A ("The Ambedkar Principles - Employment Principles to Assist Foreign Investors to Address Caste...
Author: Global Reporting Initiative
...GRI [Global Reporting Initiative] hopes that this resource will help businesses to actively manage their progress towards the MDGs, and to reveal where actions they are taking could be improved to meet these goals.
- Related stories: Measuring Progress towards the Millennium Development Goals