Voluntary Principles on Security & Human Rights
Related stories and components
Canada: Intl. non-binding norms are setting standard for claims against companies operating overseas
Author: John Kloosterman, Sari Springer, Trent Sutton & Lavanga Wijekoon, Littler, on JD Supra
“In Canada, Foreign Workers Seek to Use International Norms as the Standard of Care in Negligence Claims Against Multinationals Operating Overseas”, 16 Sep 2015...
Linked below are the background and final papers of the 14th ASEM Informal Seminar on Human Rights held from 18 to 20 November 2014 in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Author: Paloma Muñoz Quick, Danish Institute for Human Rights
...As noted by the Business and Human Rights Resource Centre, civil society organization often work under difficult circumstances, and too often are subjected to violence in response to their efforts to protect human rights against corporate...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
Ghana: Govt. convenes multi-stakeholder workshop to formulate national action plan for implementation of Voluntary Principles
'Ghana to implement Voluntary Princples', 24 Jul 2015:...Nii Osah Mills, Minister of Lands and Natural Resources said [Ghana’s] government…adopted…the Voluntary Principles (VPs)…designed to guide companies in maintaining the safety and security of...
A report by SOMO & Green Advocates sheds light on the negative human rights impacts of companies with Liberian operations
Author: Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) & Intl. Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces (DCAF) and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) have just published the second edition of the Addressing security and human rights challenges in complex environments Toolkit....
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: BP Tenke Fungurume (joint venture Freeport-McMoRan, Lundin, Gécamines)
Author: Maina Kiai, Relator de la ONU sobre derecho a la libertad de reunión pacífica y asociación
“Informe del Relator Especial sobre los derechos a la libertad de reunión pacífica y de asociación, Maina Kiai”...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
Author: Comité Minero Energético, CME
Participación del CME en el Plan Nacional de Acción de Empresas y Derechos Humanos”...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on National Action Plans UK National Action Plan implementing UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Cerro Matoso (part of South32, part of BHP Billiton) Glencore
NYU Stern Ctr. for Business & Human Rights says IBA draft guidelines for lawyers needs more "attention to substantive industry standards"
Author: Michael Posner & Sarah Labowitz, NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights (USA)
Letter to Intl. Bar Association, 25 March 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News