Voluntary Principles on Security & Human Rights
Related stories and components
Author: Maina Kiai, Relator de la ONU sobre derecho a la libertad de reunión pacífica y asociación
“Informe del Relator Especial sobre los derechos a la libertad de reunión pacífica y de asociación, Maina Kiai”...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
Author: Comité Minero Energético, CME
Participación del CME en el Plan Nacional de Acción de Empresas y Derechos Humanos”...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on National Action Plans UK National Action Plan implementing UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights
- Related companies: Anglo American BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore) Cerro Matoso (part of South32) Glencore
NYU Stern Ctr. for Business & Human Rights says IBA draft guidelines for lawyers needs more "attention to substantive industry standards"
Author: Michael Posner & Sarah Labowitz, NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights (USA)
Letter to Intl. Bar Association, 25 March 2015...
- Related stories: Intl. Bar Association’s global public consultation on draft guidance for lawyers on application of UN Guiding Principles
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
RAID calls on govts. to rectify "serious problems" in UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights & Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights
Rights and Accountability in Development (RAID) released a briefing in March 2015 called "Principles without justice: The corporate takeover of human rights". The briefing is the executive summary of a larger forthcoming report. It alleges that...
New code of conduct aimed at better protecting freelance journalists could be improved, says Christine Bader
Author: Christine Bader, on Guardian (UK)
"Lives on the line: how to help protect freelancers in dangerous places", 26 Feb 2015...
Kenya: Report says access to information necessary to ease tensions in extractive sector revenue management
Author: Institute for Human Rights & Business
"Sharing Stories, Developing a Joint Narrative: Report of a Multi-Stakeholder Dialogue on Security and Human Rights in Kenya's Extractive Sector"...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
'Business unusual: Mining in the aftermath of Marikana - the human rights impacts of southern Africa’s extractive sector', Feb 2015: Mining is central to the economies of southern Africa…But there is so much more that this wealth-generating industry...
- Related stories: Calls for inclusion & engagement as So. Africa hosts Investing in Mining Indaba
- Related in-depth areas: Development and poverty - an introduction Free, prior and informed consent Health & safety in the workplace Latest news on tax avoidance Mining
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Anhui Foreign Economic Construction Arcelor Mittal Collum Coal Mining De Beers (part of Anglo American) ENRC (part of Eurasian Resources Group) Glencore Gold Fields Harmony Gold Impala Platinum Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments) Lonmin New Reclamation Och-Ziff Capital Management Palladino Holdings Rio Tinto Vale Vedanta Resources Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)