Program Assistant at China Labor Watch
CLW is seeking a program assistant to support the current programs of the organization as well as seek out new programs. Responsibilities of the incumbent may include translation (Chinese-English) of investigative reports, work reports, and other correspondence; research and summarizing of news and studies related to Chinese labor; communication with stakeholders; travel to China; seeking out and applying for funding; organizational book-keeping; and other tasks under the direction of the executive director.
The following are required qualities of a successful applicant:
- at least one-year of related NGO work experience;
- an interest in Chinese social issues and human rights;
- superior oral and written fluency in English and Chinese (the cover letter needs to be sent in Chinese and English);
- self-motived and reliable.
Preferred qualifications include:
- experience related to labor rights or public advocacy;
- translation experience;
- administrative experience;
- graduate-level degree in a related field.
Time Commitment, Application Deadlines, Compensation:
The program assistant will commit to a part-time (25+ hours) per week at CLW's office and will be paid on an hourly basis, commensurate with the incumbent's experience. There is a potential to increase this role to full-time. While rare, there may be a need to work in evenings or weekends to meet deadlines. The position is available now and applications are considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
How to apply
Email two versions of a cover letter--one in Chinese and one in English--and a resume to [email protected] with the subject heading "Program Assistant". We will follow-up with applicants. Please no phone callS.
Job title: Program Assistant
Location: New York
Closing date: Rolling application