Program Manager at ACCESS Facility
Position: The Program Manager is responsible for managing the implementation of ACCESS Facility’s programmatic activities and will initiate, develop, coordinate, monitor, and deliver (multi-stakeholder) projects. The Program Manager is the bridge between ACCESS Facility and (its) local partner organizations, including the members of the Community of Practice of Dialogue Facilitators, and is accountable for developing joint project proposals and adapting these to the programmatic focus and requirements of potential donors. The Program Manager works cooperatively with ACCESS’ Editor in Chief and reports directly to the Managing Director of ACCESS Facility.
Organizational background: ACCESS Facility is an independent, non-profit institution, established in December 2012. It is a start-up organization ready to increase its capacity and global impact.
ACCESS Facility is a global multi-stakeholder platform supporting rights-compatible, interest-based problem solving to prevent and resolve conflicts between companies, communities and governments. Inspired by the United Nations’ Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, ACCESS Facility promotes and supports effective non-judicial grievance mechanisms as an essential part of the remedy landscape, complementing and supplementing judicial mechanisms. ACCESS Facility advocates for improved practice based on the best available evidence and insight, as a catalyst for better relationships among companies, communities and governments.
ACCESS Facility is a foundation under Dutch Law, located in The Hague, the Netherlands.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial and pragmatic manner and attitude.
- Master’s degree at minimum in a relevant field (e.g. international law, international relations, political sciences, peace and conflict studies, or related discipline within the Social Sciences).
- At least 5 years of professional experience in relevant fields of work, such as conflict prevention and/or resolution, company-community relations, mediation, peacebuilding, business and human rights or another relevant field.
- Demonstrated affinity with the mission and objectives of ACCESS Facility.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of rights-compatible and interest-based problem solving between companies, communities, and governments in complex environments.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the supplementary role of non-judicial mechanisms in the context of the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
- Ability to build and maintain a diverse international network of (multi-stakeholder) relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in project coordination/management.
- Excellent analytic, organizational, and (oral and written) communication and presentation skills.
- Capacity to manage and embrace the challenges and opportunities of an innovative and growing start-up organization with global ambitions.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and preferably knowledge of Spanish and/or French. Knowledge of Dutch is desirable.
- Willingness to travel abroad.
How to apply?
Please send a completed application package consisting of (1) a cover letter and (2) Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] with the subject line: PROGRAM MANAGER. The deadline for applications is Monday, 18 May 2015 COB.
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview by Tuesday, 2 June 2015 at the latest. The ACCESS Work Plan 2015 will be shared with these candidates in advance of the interview.
Unfortunately, we are only able to contact candidates whose applications are progressed further.
Please note that we are not able to take email or phone inquiries about this position.
Terms and conditions of employment:
The full time appointment will be in accordance with Dutch law.
The Program Manager will be appointed for a period of one year, which, after an evaluation of performance may be extended into a permanent contract.
The duties and responsibilities will be laid down in performance agreements.
ACCESS Facility offers competitive compensation and benefits packages commensurate with experience. Salary and Terms of Employment are comparable to the salaries and terms of employment of the Dutch universities.
Job title: Program Manager
Location: The Hague
Contract: Full time for one year, with possibility of extension to permanent contract
Closing date: 18 May 2015