Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Thailand
Where do you draw the line? - Research into the financial links between five bank groups and companies that abuse human rights
Author: Netwerk Vlaanderen [Belgium]
[describes human rights concerns regarding companies & projects in which AXA, Dexia, Fortis, ING & KBC have invested] Regarding credit, AXA informs us that every offer of credit is subject to ethical rules and the rule of law... AXA states that...
- Related stories: AXA, ING, Fortis, Dexia & KBC have invested over US$8 billion in companies & projects implicated in human rights violations, says Belgian NGO Walmart lawsuit (re gender discrimination in USA)
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Aon AXA Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) Barclays BNP Paribas British American Tobacco Celestica Chevron Citigroup Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Dell Dexia DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Flextronics Fortis Heineken Henan Rebecca HP (Hewlett-Packard) HVB IBM ING Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Jabil Circuit KBC Levi Strauss Marubeni Mitsubishi Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Nike Nippon Oil Pou Chen Premier Oil PTT Puma Reebok (part of adidas) Royal Bank of Scotland Sanmina-SCI Sojitz Solectron Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Total Triodos Bank Triumph International Unocal (part of Chevron) Walmart Yue Yuen
Author: coalition d'Ong & syndicats, dont Actions birmanie, Agir ici, Fédération internationale des ligues des droits de l'homme, France Libertés, Info Birmanie, Ligue des droits de l'homme & Sud chimie
Nous soutenons dans ce rapport que les activités de Total en Birmanie, notamment le projet gazier de Yadana, constituent un soutien moral et financier direct à la junte militaire...une seule solution est envisageable : le retrait de Total de Birmanie. ...
- Related stories: Unocal lawsuit (re Myanmar)
- Related companies: Aon British American Tobacco Carnival Heineken Levi Strauss Moattama Gas Transportation Company (part of Total) Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) Premier Oil PricewaterhouseCoopers PTT PTT Exploration and Production (PTTEP, part of PTT) Total Triumph International Unocal (part of Chevron) WPP
Author: Luc Zandvliet & Ana Paula do Nascimento, Corporate Engagement Project
During the visit to Myanmar/Burma and Thailand, CEP [Corporate Engagement Project] spoke with a broad range of stakeholders to gain a better understanding of people’s perspectives concerning Total’s operations in Myanmar/Burma...our observations...
Author: Burma Campaign UK
[refers to Total, PTT, Unocal, Myanmar Oil and Gas Enterprise (MOGE), & includes "Investors perspective" by Co-operative Financial Services]
- Related stories: Campaign supported by 40 organisations calls on Total to quit Burma
- Related companies: Co-operative Bank (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Financial Services (CFS) (part of Co-operative Group) Co-operative Group Co-operative Insurance Society (part of Co-operative Group) Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) PTT Total Unocal (part of Chevron)
Author: Edward Alden & Doug Cameron, Financial Times
Unocal said on Monday it had reached an out-of-court settlement in landmark [US] lawsuits alleging that the energy company was complicit in human rights abuses committed during the construction of a gas pipeline in Burma...The agreement in principle is...
Author: Agence France Presse
US oil giant Unocal Corp. has agreed in principle to settle a lawsuit brought by Myanmar villagers who claim it condoned the use of slave labour during the building of a gas pipeline, Unocal said. [also refers to Total, PTT]
Author: Deepa Babington, Reuters
Unocal Corp. has agreed to settle two closely watched [US] lawsuits accusing the U.S. oil giant of turning a blind eye to human rights abuses that occurred during the construction of a pipeline in Myanmar, it said on Monday. [also refers to Total, PTT,...
Author: Laurent Fargues, Novethic
Après avoir ouvert une information judiciaire, en octobre 2002, à la suite des plaintes déposées par deux Birmans accusant la compagnie pétrolière [Total] de «séquestration», le parquet de Nanterre a décidé, en mai 2004, de requérir un non-lieu. La...
Author: Simpson, A. in Social Alternatives, Vol 23(4)
This article explores the social and environmental impacts of gas pipelines in the developing, or majority, world. It examines three cross-border pipeline projects at various stages of development [Yadana, Thai-Malaysian, Shwe pipelines] that stretch...
Author: OneWorld UK
Environmental and human rights groups are urging Barclays Bank to withdraw from the controversial Thai-Malaysian Gas Pipeline (TMGP) Project...[also refers to Trans Thai-Malaysia Company (joint venture PTT & Petronas)]
- Related companies: Barclays Petronas PTT Trans Thai-Malaysia (joint venture PTT and Petronas)